Thread: Thoughts on Neimesis (Spoiler Warning ;))

Thoughts on Neimesis (Spoiler Warning ;))

Since most of us have read the the script for Star Trek X, does anybody have any thougths on it?

Honestly, I think it'll be a good movie but I don't think it will be a First Contact or Wrath of Khan. The cloning of Jean Luc just seems to be too far fetched for me and I don't think the Shizon guy seems threatening.

A good idea for a trek movie.... remember the first season episode that dealt with those scorpions that crawled into the big wigs of the Federation through their orfices. From what I remembered, it ended it in a mystery.

Arrow

I read the synopsis for the tenth Trek film. It is intriguing, but I have to see the whole thing first before I can give you an opinion.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I seem to be uninformed on Nemesis. Could anyone provide a link to the script or a brief synopsis of Nemesis?

All I can say for now is; Clone Picard? Please don't clone Wesley Crusher next...for the love of god don't...
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

The clone thing was a bit much, but it's the nosferatu Remans that really hork me off...ya mean the Romulans weren't good enough bad guys?

That said, looks like there'll be a lot of action. IT's got Dina Meyer in it. There's some good character stuff. Oh, and it has Dina Meyer in it...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Re: Thoughts on Neimesis (Spoiler Warning ;))

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    Since most of us have read the the script for Star Trek X, does anybody have any thougths on it?
    From the teasers I've seen so far, Nemesis appears to be the John Logan script that was online a while back. If it is, my thoughts are negative. Mommy always told me not to say anything if it wasn't nice so...

Kim Quintin

The use of unnecessary force has been authorized.

Probably the first Trek movie I won't see, if the on line script is true. Which from the small amount info I have seen it is. Oh yeah, I can see the Romulans leaving an aggressor spieces right on their front door step. Or maybe B&B did another of their specials and Remus is now on the other side of the Empire.

Oh and that Senate scene!?!? A race that has security for the security is going to allow a "bomb" to be smuggled into the senate chambers?!?! And the list just keeps going.

But, hey, I'm an opptimist...Maybe it won't be the script I saw.

"Spoilers" was mentioned in the thread title...so...don't read on unless you want know a lot more about the movie. Don't complain to me.

The synopsis was interesting. I'll go see this film, if only to see Riker finally get a command. That's been long, long overdue, IMO. Maybe it'll spawn a whole new series of books about his career as a captain.

And it'll be a wonderfully dramatic moment if they keep the part about Data getting fragged. Though it does smack of ST II and Spock's sacrifice.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Try here or here.

Originally posted by Ineti
    "........And it'll be a wonderfully dramatic moment if they keep the part about Data getting fragged. Though it does smack of ST II and Spock's sacrifice.
    I don't think Data's sacrifice is anything like Spock's. It doesn't have the same sad atmosphere cause they have a clone of him. IMO, Star Trek needs a really good movie to save the franchise.

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    The next movie will consist of the crew tracking down the 11 trillion 3.5" floppy disks containing the backup copy of Data. Which they will install in an android that looks like Lucy Lawless.

Like new Data. *Pant**Pant*
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Folks, if you haven't read the annotated script yet, and want to, it's a hoot. I was laughing my head off at work on Friday. Whoever it is that annoated them, he or she is a fun one.

That annotated script is hilarious.

As much as I hope the script is a fake, it does match the theater trailers I've seen in some ways. I surely won't be seeing this film until it comes out on DVD. If then.