Thread: Need Romulan Stats

Need Romulan Stats

One of my players is going to play a Romulan Security officer in my campaign. The problem is that I am already waiting for 6 weeks for the narrautors guide to come out in Belgium(Decipher delivery problems)and I start the 2nd sesion next week(he mist the first sesion), so I don't have the Stats to play a romulan. The fact that he is a romulan, plays a vital role in this campaign, so I cannot change the race. Can some one send me the Stats for a romulan character?
    Last edited by IKI; 08-03-2002 at 10:13 AM.
    Ardet Nec Consumitur' / Burns but doesn't decay / Brandt maar vergaat niet.

Help is on the way....

Post Edited to remove copyrighted material

There you have it citizens....straight from the NG.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Um

I thought we weren't supposed to post stuff like this here?

Just checking.

If I wasn't, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to. However, I take full responsibility for my transgresion and accept whatever "hell" I'm going to get...it won't happen again...unless it was ok to do.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Careful it isn't one of those Chienses hells like "The Hell of Being Hung Upside Down".

"Chinese have a lot of hells Jack."

Sorry, Darth, but since the info you put up was technically covered under copyright, it had to be removed. I would suggest IKI get a hold of the Narrator's Guide, which has not only the Romuolans, but Andorians and Orions too!
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Uh, just so I have this straight.

We all have posted 'stuff' here directly from the LUG books in the past, and there was no problem (I myself posted the stats for the LUG Romulans at one point.) What's different here? That material was coyrighted as well, wasn't it?

No problem Doug. I understand and it won't happen again...I was just trying to help. I also know the road to hell is paved with good intentions. That's why I have that particular signature.
    Darth Sarcastic

Originally posted by Phantom
    Uh, just so I have this straight.

We all have posted 'stuff' here directly from the LUG books in the past, and there was no problem (I myself posted the stats for the LUG Romulans at one point.) What's different here? That material was coyrighted as well, wasn't it?
    I think you'll find that the difference is whether the thread in question was picked up by the moderators... I remember several threads edited in the past when LUG was up and about because of copyright... My first experience was when I asked for the TOS phaser stats and was told no... Many moons ago...

If your threads went out after LUG was lost, then the copyright rules may apply differently, but cannot say for certain as I have no basis in law.

However a thread that specifically asks for the stats from a book in publication in the thread will draw moderators like moths to a flame...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Phantom
    I believe Dan stated the case most eloquently. Let me expand on what he said by adding that it's more like "Nipping it in the bud".

If folks see you can post species stats, then why not Starship stats? Why not the combat rules? Why not just scan in pages from the books and post them? For that matter, why not scan in the whole book and make it available in pdf format? Would it go to that extreme? Not very likely. But it's safer just to cut it off before it begins to snowball into something worse.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Arrow

For the record, Doug called me and posed the question before taking action. I asked him to remove the material in question.

If anyone has any problems with this policy you can contact me directly.

Thanks.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I'll say it again for those who weren't paying attention...I was not aware that "it wasn't ok" to put stuff from the book(s) (aka copyrighted material) up here and I never asked for lenience (or spelling lessons) in committing this transgretion. I won't do anything like that again...especially since I am now aware of the rule(s). I personally have no problem with the policies/rules/laws at this board. I agree that ignorance of the law is not always an excuse...now I know the law. Nuff said.
    Darth Sarcastic