Thread: Hello once again

Hello once again

Well, after taking a crack at some other games, I am thinking of returning to one that is near and dear to my heart. Star Trek. My crew had some time with the LUG Trek, and I have had the books for the new one, but we had sort of drifted away before play testing them. I would like to say hello to everyone again, say thank you to all of you that put so much work into things for people like me to use and to ask what, if any are the things that I should do to start up the new game? I mean rules wise. Are there any big bugs that I should know about? Thanks!!!!
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

The rules are very complete and, although there are a number of errata, clearly written and easy to use. You needn't expect any difficulties making the transition from Icon to Coda...
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Great. I have finally spent some time perusing them and they look pretty good. It's going to be neat to play I think. One question, do you know where the rules are for control panels exploding are? I remember a review saying that they would be there, but I can't find them anywhere he he.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

use the rule of thumb if it in in the plot to hurt a pc with an exploding panel and they miss their dodge, then they take x number of d6 damage. other wise they are able to evade the exploding panel.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Originally posted by Commander Ramey
    Do you know where the rules are for control panels exploding are?
    The Shield Strength Track and System Damage Tracks (NG pp. 114-5) contain basic information on the type of damage which might be inflicted by an exploding console. Avoiding the damage requires a successful Quickness (or Stamina, to shake off the effects) reaction test.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Thank you there RaconteurX I appriciate it. I was over and over and just blew by them!
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"