Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOTR on DVD

Perrryyy Guest

FOTR on DVD

As I was channel surfing, I saw an ad for FOTR on DVD, released TODAY! I don't own a DVD, but this sure would be incentive! As would Clash of the titans which was also released on DVD today.

Anyone got them?

Edit: http://www.dvdspotlight.com/movies/n...s/Default.asp?

There's my source in case you're curious!

Passed. Loved FotR, one of my favorite movies, but I'm holding out for the deluxe version in November. Simpsons season 2 though, that I might get soon...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Bought it. Just finished watching it. Loved it.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Dan Stack
    Simpsons season 2 though, that I might get soon...
    How could I have missed the Simpsons? DOH!

I, too, am waiting for the mega-version due out in November.

Hey, I waited this long...

Cast my vote for "waiting for the megaversion"

Talking

Be a good capitalist rover -- buy both!

Seriously, I got mine today by trading in two other DVDs. Then, when the superset comes out I'll get that and give the basic version to a friend who doesn't care if the dvd has an extra 16 or whatever hours of material in it. That way everyone is happy.

Am watching LOTR on DVD right now, as a matter of fact. And I'll be getting the superversion in November to boot.

Sometime this week I"ll pick up Star Trek II as well. That's too good to pass up.

I would've sworn I read somewhere the DVD comes with a coupon for a discount on the November super-version. Any truth to that?
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Arrow

There is a mail-in rebate coupon: $5 if you purchase the Extended Series OR $10 for the Collector's Gift Set.

And yes, I broke down. I couldn't wait for November, I bought the damn 2-disc set. I can't help myself. I saw the price at Circuit City. It was less than $20, tax included (I got like a buck and some change back). And it's a widescreen version!

At least I can try to get the $10 when I do pick up the Collector's Edition (complete with a pair of sculpted bookends by WETA, or so an employee has said on the Holonet Forum).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: To the owners of the 2-disc set, save your store receipt if you want the get the rebate for the other set (Extended Edition or Collector's Gift Set).
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Question ONE MORE THING...

Someone once mentioned there is a flub in the movie: a car in the distant background that wasn't supposed to be there ... like, at all.

Does anyone know what scene that included this flub? I want to zoom into it.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

AFAIK, this was removed for the DVD-print.

In the original theatrical print a car was supposedly visible in the background of the scene, when Sam tells Frodo he's about to be the farthest away from home he's ever been. (It's the scene where they are standing in the cornfield next to the scarecrow.)

I haven't seen it myself, but have read and heard so several times, so I assume it was there.

Joe
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Hmmm... Maybe I can break down and get it then... I've seen it at WalMart for like $15 and I was planning on getting the super-deluxe version in November....

btw, hypothetical question. y'all think Gondor would have been ethically justified in launching a pre-emptive strike against Mordor. Even without approval from Rohan? After all, it was obvious Mordor had been rearming for like centuries...

[So sorry, couldn't help myself...]
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

The Megaversion...

To be honest, I have not yet decided if I am waiting for the Megaveriosn in Novembre, or borrowing the disks from Freinds and Family at odd intervals, while I wait for the Mega boxed set of all 3 films in 3 years!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Dan, you're completely sick in the head.

Isn't it obvious that the leaders of Mordor are actually decent, hardworking people (?) that care about their citizenry? They are not at all interested in conquest and present no real threat.

mactavish out.
    Last edited by mactavish; 08-08-2002 at 06:52 AM.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater