Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trill Book Status?

Trill Book Status?

Mr. Gurden mentioned the Trill netbook on another thread here; will we see it anytime soon?

Thanks much!

We are down to 2 writers, all the proof-readers and ideas requests disappeared upon receipt of any text sent to them...

And both myself and the Doc have stalled for sometime.

Dont think we have given up, just remember that Real-Life got in the way of this voluntary project.

You'll see it... One Day... But I wouldn't advise holding your breath.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I was supposed to help proofread this and stuff, but that was like two years ago right before the board had issues and for someone started preventing me from even getting into the Trill area of the forums. The others were supposed to work on getting me access, but for whatever reason, nothing happened and - other things in life took priority.

I'd love to get this thing moving again, myself. But that was a lifetime ago (and in the meantime, I've wiped my hard drive a couple of times due to various circumstances and have long since lost any and all Trill documents).

Well. the Trill board no longer exists, as it was simply not being used.

The group itself was geographically split, and eventually artistically split... As we all had different takes on the ways to go forward...

I have a rough draft, without proof-reading or document tidying, and even unfinished segments in word of the eventual stuff that Doc Bashier and I had... Its not much.

IMO one of the biggest problem was the choice of subject matter. With quite a lot of conflicting canon available, and very few hard facts and background much of the work was made up, and this part would have helped if we could have had face-to-face brainstorming sessions, rather than the odd email...

So in reality, I dont think that the completed Trill sourcebook will see the light of day. And many of the part-time authors of what we had left have disappeared uncredited into the ether, and so I am unhappy posting the rough draft here...

Sorry
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Don't worry, I'm not looking for any drafts. I just wanted to state what happened to me in terms of my working on this thing.

That, and to state that I would not be opposed to this thing starting up again at some future point.

Hmmm.....a Trill netbook? That sounds like good fun. I don't think it would be as large as the Cardassian one, as there is not so much canonical info on Trills, but dammit, I'd want it!

(Also, would volunteer to proof-read any stuff sent)
    I'm NOT stupid, I'm NOT expendable and I'm NOT going!

Now there's something I wish I'd had. My roomie is starting a campaign and I decided to play a Trill. We've muddled some interesting ideas up, and are rather pleased with the outcome. But I could see info like that helping a lot.
    Meow. =^.^=

Indeed, real life...

Well, better for me to step up and confirm what Dan has said. Isn't it curious that we haven't chatted in eons, but we still have the same version of the story?

Anyway, I'm back, retaking my ST campaign after a long hiatus, and willing to go on with the RPG projects I left hanging (especially given the present context of Decipher, etc).

Basically, given that we won't have any official material to work with, this is the best chance to make some fan works. Dan, even with the differences in criteria we had, our writings have potential and can be polished. We'll be in touch.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

And hello again!

It seems that while I'm here searching through old threads I find more and more stuff that sits on someones harddrive and hasn't been released to the community yet. What is the status of the trill book so far? Does someone still work on it? Is there still hope for it to see the light of day?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Is there still hope for it to see the light of day?
    Unfortunately there is very little advancement from the conversations above. However I did compile all the notes into a single document earlier this year, although this may have been lost in a massive Hard Drive failure a few weeks back (I am rebuilding and hope I can salvage).

The only light is that I did compile the notes to send to BrianK on these boards for turning into a PDF to share with Doc Bashier and see where it would go from there, so I will try to get in touch and see where it all is.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden
    Well. the Trill board no longer exists, as it was simply not being used.
    There actualy was a Trill board here? When? Where? I never knew of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    There actualy was a Trill board here? When? Where? I never knew of it...
    Most people wouldn't have. Don did us a favour and opened up a members only area for the discussion and development of the book, but it would not have been visible to anyone not involved.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Okay, that makes sense

Should have probably figured it was something like that... thanks for telling me anyway. Are there any more "hidden" forums?

'Hidden' forums is a bit of a mis-title. There have been private forums here.

At this time only two. One is closed for Moderators. The other is Sareks Lounge for Political discussion (not hot topics as seems to be assumed by som of its membership). This second one is open to members in good stead and should be visible, but closed awaiting a sign-up.

In the past, when the Trill forum was up and about there was another closed membership forum for the Test Run of CODA run for Decipher, although this was limited to play-testers and developers only, not even us moderators got a look in, as its membership was also linked to an NDA.

And thats the history of the closed membership forums on this board.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Thumbs up Thanks

'Hidden' forums is a bit of a mis-title. There have been private forums here.
    At this time only two. One is closed for Moderators. The other is Sareks Lounge for Political discussion (not hot topics as seems to be assumed by som of its membership). This second one is open to members in good stead and should be visible, but closed awaiting a sign-up.
    That's what I figuered would exist: The moderator's forum makes perfectly sense and I actually do know of Sarek's Lounge.

In the past, when the Trill forum was up and about there was another closed membership forum for the Test Run of CODA run for Decipher, although this was limited to play-testers and developers only, not even us moderators got a look in, as its membership was also linked to an NDA.

And thats the history of the closed membership forums on this board.
    Now that is something I didn't know but what sounds interesting. One more question though: whats an NDA? Is it a contract forcing someone not to give away any information that one has about an upcoming product?