Thread: FASA's Regula-1 Deckplans?

Question FASA's Regula-1 Deckplans?

Does anyone know anything about FASA's Regula-1 Deckplans? I'm in a bidding war with someone on Ebay, and before I go to the next dollar level, I'd like to know if it's worth it. Are the deck plans any good?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated! Thanks.

Kevin

The plans are so-so. They are at a 3-meter per square scale, which is double the scale of their Enterprise deckplans. The level of detail is definitely a cut below that of the Enterprise plans. If you're planning on running a game on one though it'd probably be worthwhile, but I wouldn't pay a ton for them.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

The Enterprise plans you refer to, do you mean the one packaged in the box set?

Thanks for the help, Dan.

Yup, I'm comparing them with the Enterprise deckplans that came with the boxed set - not the big foldout ones, rather the ones that were shrunk to fit on 11x15 sheets. (Half the scale for miniature figures). Those plans (and those of the D7) blow away the Regula One Plans.

If you have FASA adventures like "Witness for the Defense" or "Where Has All the Glory Gone?" I'd say the Regula One plans are about the same quality, give or take a little, as the plans found in those adventures.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I've not seen the 8.5 x 11 ones. The only FASA Trek product I am familiar with is the old box set, which included several fold-outs of the deckplans for the Enterprise. I bought that one when I was pretty young, and while I still have the rule books, I don't have the deck plans any more, sadly enough.

How about the Orions (both Common Knowledge and Deep Knowledge) books? That's part of the set I'm trying to obtain. Are they any good?

Thanks again!

The Regula One Deck Plans are definitely NOT getting into a bid war over. For one thing, they're not plans of Regula One, but of a (not very) similar Defense Outpost which is (supposedly) based on the same core station. Dan is exceedingly generous when he describes them as "so-so."

I thought they were kinda cool. Then again I spent my best gaming years drawing deck plans on stacks of graph paper. So when I saw Regula on eBay, my hand started to cramp up just from the memories. I was determined not to let that happen again and bought 'em.

Has anyone tried to xerox any of FASA's decklplans? Sometimes blue tinted paper doesn't copy very well. Were they made blue to keep people from copying them?

Originally posted by Anomaly
    How about the Orions (both Common Knowledge and Deep Knowledge) books? That's part of the set I'm trying to obtain. Are they any good?
    The Orion books are superb, and well worth a little cash!

The deckplans are acceptable but not brilliant. If you don't have any luck with this, and still want the plans - let me know. I have a copy, but not the corresponding module (the Strider Incident) so I might be willing to part with them!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)