Thread: Next Honor Harrington Book to include CD-ROM!

Next Honor Harrington Book to include CD-ROM!

I subscribe to the EFF's EFFector mailing list, and there was tidbit on the next Honor Harrington novel -- the hardcover will include with it a CD-ROM containing 20+ novels in .rtf and/or .html format!

INCLUDING all of the Honor Harrington series published to date.

WOW!

Baen books has more info here.

I've been wondering how to get started on the Honor Harrington series. Now I know!

Oh now that's cool.

Just enough motivation to tip the scales in order for me to preorder the hardback, instead of waiting for the softcover

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I agree.. I will have to break down and buy a hardbacked book. Gotta Love a female character that can take names, kick ... and, get the job done. I just wish they would QUIT RIPPING HER APART>>
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

I suspect Weber is done with ripping Honor apart. Physically, anyway. If you're a history buff, you might have noticed how closely Honor's story parallels Admiral Nelson's life. Nelson lost an eye and an arm in combat, but I don't think he took any more serious wounds after those. Since Honor also lost an eye and an arm, she probably won't take any more crippling damage.

Emotionally, however... Well, we'll just have to see how Nelson's extra-marital affair with Lady Hamilton fits into Honor's life. I have a theory it's going to involve a certain RMN Admiral with a disabled wife.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Originally posted by Sarge
    If you're a history buff, you might have noticed how closely Honor's story parallels Admiral Nelson's life. Nelson lost an eye and an arm in combat, but I don't think he took any more serious wounds after those.
    Except for the bullet that killed him.

Originally posted by Phantom

Except for the bullet that killed him.
    Don't tempt fate

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Cool

To say that I'm impressed by this development would be a total understatement. I've got to have that disk and I work at a bookstore! (Yay!)

Now, when is the Honor RPG coming out? (Not to mention the movie and comic book.... )
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

An Honor movie could be excellent. If done well.

I'm really looking forward to this release though. I'm salivaitng at the thought of getting all those books for my Palm.