Thread: LotR-board

LotR-board

Now that the release of the Lord of the Rings RPG is drawing closer, I remember somebody having mentioned a LotR-forum similiar to this one?
    And plans of it being launched around the time the book goes on sale?

Any updates?
    Or any truth to that? Might as well have been hallucinating there ...

Joe
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Magic Yoda says: "future uncertain, it is."

Lots of work I'm doing right now. Would like to also turn this into "the place" for the LotR RPG but there are several problems:

1) Haven't investigated the "competition." Have to see what else is out there and if I can do it better. If the answer is yes, then I'd consider it.

2) Have to build the graphics and what-not; material I don't have lying around (unlike Trek).

3) Not entirely sure I want to deal with another group of "fans" that are more detail-oriented and anal than those found in Trek! Have you looked at the Decipher boards? Ohmygod! Why would I want to build a place to support them!

Still thinking about it. Everytime I talk myself into it I go to the Decipher boards and 'they' quickly talk me out of it!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    ...another group of "fans" that are more detail-oriented and anal than those found in Trek!
    Is that possible ?
    (sorry, off-topic, but I couldn't resist )

1) Haven't investigated the "competition." Have to see what else is out there and if I can do it better. If the answer is yes, then I'd consider it.
    For what it's worth, I don't think there's any competition right now. The game hasn't hit the general public yet (other than GenCon goers) so I guess it's just a matter of time. I think there's a Yahoogroup for Coda LOTR, but I think that's about it.

3) Not entirely sure I want to deal with another group of "fans" that are more detail-oriented and anal than those found in Trek! Have you looked at the Decipher boards? Ohmygod! Why would I want to build a place to support them!

Still thinking about it. Everytime I talk myself into it I go to the Decipher boards and 'they' quickly talk me out of it!
    Then don't go there. LOL.

I doubt the Decipher's boards has strict moderators like we have here.

Just make sure you everyone knows the CoC.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Thumbs up LotR Boards

I'd certainly throw my support behind a Coda LotR Message Board similar to this one for Trek. As moderator of the aforementioned lotrrpg_coda Yahoo group, I can say with relative certainty that there is almost NO competition online as of yet. (There probably will be once the game gets released to the general public though.)

I'd also be willing to help out with some of the workload, Don. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to webdesign, but I could help out with graphics, moderation of forums (I know the CoC well being a member here for several years), or anything else I can do to help out (content editing, if you plan for fan submissions and such).

Anyway, I just thought I'd show some support if you still need convincing, Don. I second REG's statement: DON'T go to the Decipher Boards!

Steve
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."