Thread: Species Cost of Honor, Glory, and Vesala

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)

Species Cost of Honor, Glory, and Vesala

Quick Question for TPTB:

At how many picks do you value the species abilities Glory (for Romulans), Honor (for Klingons) and Vesala (for Cardassians)? I'm using a similar ability for a species I'm developing for Matt, and I want to make sure it doesn't overly unbalance the species.

Thanks in advance.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I have no idea

Thanks for developing a race ST, or atleast I think I am the Matt you spoke of...?

I would say nothing but just to be fair maybe 3 skill picks to it. Or 2, I am not really sure but that's how I would do it.

Re: I have no idea

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    Thanks for developing a race ST, or atleast I think I am the Matt you spoke of...?

I would say nothing but just to be fair maybe 3 skill picks to it. Or 2, I am not really sure but that's how I would do it.
    Yes, it's for you. I was also thinking that it was in the 2-3 pick range, but I wanted to be sure. Not accounting for the "Heirarchy" ability, the Kanoru sit at 14 picks, so I was ust making sure it wasn't a 6-10 pick ability.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

From what was suggested in the NG, I tend to consider these sort of traits as professional abilites as far as cost is concerned, wich makes them at 3 picks. After all, they're usually similar actually.

My 0.02€
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

From what was suggested in the NG, I tend to consider these sort of traits as professional abilites as far as cost is concerned, wich makes them at 3 picks. After all, they're usually similar actually.
    I agree with C5 on this one.

da Guru
    Space: The Foodless Frontier...

Star Trek for the D20 System

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/startrekforthed20system/

The general concensus is spot on, Davy. In fact, Klingon Honor is used as an example of a Species Ability that should be treated as a Professional Ability to determine the cost for species creation.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    The general concensus is spot on, Davy. In fact, Klingon Honor is used as an example of a Species Ability that should be treated as a Professional Ability to determine the cost for species creation.
    Hmm...maybe I should start reading the NG text, then. Thanks all!
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz