Thread: The bio EVA

The bio EVA

A bio EVA (a biotechnological spacesuit) is in fact a metal shell with a living symbion in it. while the suit isn't worn the symbion lies dormant. When a humanoïd puts it on it becomes active. It filters fluids and breathes in CO2 giving back breathable air. A Bio EVA also comes with magnetic soles and a antiflash visor. The strange chitin like exterior is very esthetic even for a biosuit and has a strange chameleon property maching with the surroundings. The suit also has another very useful function, it closes breaches automatically and can absorb a great amount of punishment before dying. When it becomes mortally wounded it injects a sleep inducer to the wearer and activates a distress beacon, this function can however be overwritten. When in complete darkness the user can command the suit to emit bioluminescent light. The Bio EVA can support a host for up to 36 hours after witch the air becomes toxic killing both host and suit.
    <EMBED src="http://www.simsherbrooke.com/strpg/signature.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH="260" HEIGHT="60" NAME="signature" >

Interesting. I like the biotech aspect of it, though it's not particularly 'Trek' -- they didn't seem to like biotech much. However, I like it.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Has a chameleon like ability?

Well, in a similar situation I would stick with the old EVA units. I dont want to imagine drifting into space and dropping your chances of recovery by not being seen?

While I can see your military applications to this particular function, I think that EVA units would be more commonly used in Emergency situations, so a bright, visible colour would be a batter choice...

Just a thought.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)