Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eugenics Wars "Genetic Supermen"

Might as well jump in. These gals were made for our latest campaign. Presenting....the Amazons.

AMAZON

Personality: Amazons have a militant, superior attitude toward most other species. They are incredibly motivated, to the point of zealous, about whatever they do.

Physical Description: Standard human variation, running generally toward the athletic and beautiful.

Homeworld: Lesbos, in the Barbary Cluster (near the Pleiades.)

Culture: The Amazon culture revolves around the purity of womanhood. They are militant, with a peculiar elected dual monarchy that holds almost religious status. They are mostly Greek pantheists -- having gone to the stars in search of the gods of old (Caroline Palamas was a founder of the sect).

Language: Fed Standard

Common Names: Hippolyte, Deianeira, other retro-Greek myth names.

Favored PRofession: AEGIS officer (their military)

Species Adjustments: +1 STR, +1 VIT, +1 PRS

Species Abilities: Great Vitality, Excellent Metabolism, Physically Fit or Eidetic Memory, Adaptable

Species Flaws: Arrogant, bloodlust (1)
    Total Cost: +15 adj., +8 abilities, -4 flaws: 19 total.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Perrryyy Guest
    Nice work

I always wanted to do Amazons for Trek/sci-fi.

I never could get around how they might get rid of their male children, or male "partners" either!

Care to speculate?

Originally posted by Perrryyy
    Nice work

I always wanted to do Amazons for Trek/sci-fi.

I never could get around how they might get rid of their male children, or male "partners" either!

Care to speculate?
    Genetic engineering. Removal of genetic structure from one woman's egg & integration into the egg of another. They also use men from time to time -- making them them afeared by the nearby pirates of Barbary 1, known as Port Royale. They have sexual indenture for men, should they want to come to Lesbos & work as sexual surrogates. They've been known to use captives taken in battle.

Other stuff: the Amazon government is technically a constitutional dual monarchy. There are two queens, elected for life (or until a vote of no confidence...) One is teh Interior Queen -- who is the lst word on all things domestic; the other is teh Defense Queen -- the last word on foreign affairs and the military. They are balanced by a unicameral Senate of 100 Amazons -- they are elected every 5 years. They make the laws, approve the budget, etc...but the Interior Queen has veto power. The defense queen makes treaties, etc. but they have to be approved by the senate.

There is a separate judiciary, the most powerful beign the Queens' Courts. It operates in cases of treason, last appeal, and matters of constitutionality, like the US Supreme Court.

The military is: AEGIS Black -- the space force. Most of the ships are surplus bought through fronts from the Klingons & UFP (this is in the 24th C, in the 23rd, they were mostly Orion ships). AEGIS Red -- the ground forces. All of the Amazons are required to serve in the military or some kind of service for 2 years; all remain in the reserves until age 60.

Royal families: though anyone can run for & be elected queen, most come from a few select families. Any descendents of a queen are princesses, regardless of whether they run for office, etc. All senators are refered to as 'Lady...'. The chosen successor of a queen (who have to be approved by the senate, otherwise there are elections) is the Princess Royal.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Last edited by qerlin; 08-14-2002 at 03:31 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Eventually, I'm slapping all of the Amazon stuff up online. I really got into it. Designed uniforms & everything.

Things you do when you have too much time on your hands...wish I still did.

John Stuart Mill

Perrryyy Guest
    Cool

Unfortunately my knowledge of Amazons is limited to Hercules & Xena

LOL

Cool

This is Cool! Evil Grin

Karg

Originally posted by Perrryyy
    Cool

Unfortunately my knowledge of Amazons is limited to Hercules & Xena

LOL
    What about Wonder Woman? She's an Amazon...I think the lasso speaks volumes though.

Hercules was an Amazon? I figured him for a poof, but not an Amazon...and I'm refering to the Kevin Sorbo version, not the one that gives Captain Marvel his strength.

Ok, no more references to comic book characters...I seem to get into more trouble that way....
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Ooooh, look, old stuff....

Originally posted by Hugh Casey
    I would use the "Genetic Resequencing" package from the character creation rules as a base, and go from there.
    Doesn't quite do it for me. The way I see them, there was a combination of selective breeding and resequencing done to achieve what happened in the Eugenics Wars.
    I have a player who wants to be one of the "supermen"... the backstory is that there was another ship that launched before Kahn's (and it's where Kahn got the idea... not that he would ever admit it). Most of the crew were "supermen" who opposed Kahn, or at least thought very little of him (after all, the man showed NO subtlety!)
    Of course there were others who opposed him; that's how the Eugenics Wars started, and ultimately how and why they ended.
    We're going to use the GR package, though. I've ruled that Kahn was exceptional, even among the supermen.
    Well, of course he was exceptional, that's why he stood out. But I think just taking the Genetic Resequencing package as a base sells the rest of them short. The way I've pieced things together, they got that anyway, on top of their other advantanges and disadvantages.

YMMV, though; let me know how it works out.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Re: Re: Eugenics Wars "Genetic Supermen"

Originally posted by Thierry
    Can this be converted to Icon.
    Probably, but not by me. I'm not familiar enough with Icon to make it work.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support