Thread: to doug burke a question

to doug burke a question

dear mr burke can you ask the people at decipher why the major
    book store chains in my area all tell me they can pull up the two
    star trek books using the isbn numbers i got from dan but they all say they can't aren't allowed to order them but if i wanted to order the lord of the rings boxed set i could get that in a week or two . the stores are walden books books a million and barnes and noble. buy the way walden books was able to get me the fasa starship construction book that has been out of order forever.

most book stores can only send orders to their warehouses. Hastings is this way. They can send orders to their warehouse but have to go thur a major procedure to order something that is not in the warehouse. I have had to fight this rule several times trying to get good games. Since I live in a narrow minded town. WE may see mage and that run or D&D but little else. There s suposedly no call for it. If they carried other things thenpeople could actually find other things to play than mage and d&d. or those card games..
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Cool

I work for Books A Million and while we claim we can get any book in print for our customers, in practice we can (a) only get books that are in our warehouse, and (b) only get books that are listed on our intranet site. I have attempted to find ANY decipher products at the BAM! intranet site and have come up empty. I have spoken with our "person in charge of ordering such things" and mentioned that he might consider getting hold of LoTR RPG at least! He says that he'll pass it on.

Oh well. At least my LGS is getting plenty of business...

I should mention that BAM at one time carried the Star Trek CCG, but apparently sales were not what they could have been and it was dropped. Also, we do seem to be able to get any WW product, any WoTC product, and GOO product, and some of the new D20 products from other publishers. We also scored Fantasy Flight Games' LoTR board game as well as GW's LoTR mini rules. Go figure!
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Have you tried ordering directly from Decipher's website?
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Re: to doug burke a question

Unfortunately, chroniton33, once it gets to that stage, we don't have a lot of control over how available the book is. I do know that TPTB have assured others that B&N will carry the book, but we have to wait for it to show up in their system before they can order it...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Waldenbooks should be able to get it even if it is not in their computer. They can order from an outside distributor, unfortunately most saleperson and even managers of those stores do not know how to do it for it requires extra paperwork and such. Some may not want to either because orders taken to outside vendors are not as easily returned as those from their wharehouses.
    I know this is because I at one time worked for them and did the rpg ordering which 50% of what we carried came from an outside vendor.

you know its business operating like this is why rpg have such a hard time making money all any body wants to carry is dungeons and dragons but you know i can't complain because they got me a copy of the fasa starship constrution book the other week that has been out of print fore ever