Thread: Klingon Char Gen

Post Klingon Char Gen

Hi folks. I'm new to these boards though I've been a lurker on the e-mail list since the TNG game first debued.

I've just downloaded and read all the wonderful new Klingon stuff - and I'm wondering if anyone has done any work on Klingon character generation along the line of what was in The Way of Dera - and what I assume would have been in the Klingon Empire book.

If anyone has worked on a detailed Klingon character generation system. I'd love to see it. I'd do it myself - but I stink a rules systems.

thanks...

mal

I have worked up Some Klingon Overlays For "enlisted" and officer Klingons.

I haven't worked up any Early Life, Academy, or tour packages Because I just haven't thought up any.
    I am working under the premis that the Klingons do not have a very good education system. I have given Klingons only 48pt rather than the 50pt(or is it 54)of SF and Romulan officers. "enlisted" klingons get 28pt slightly higher then SF enlisted But that is due to the increased athletic and fighting skills required by being a Warrior.

Klingon officers get an early life, academy, cadet cruise, tour, additional tour just like the in the other Rules. Klingon "enlisted" do not get a cadet cruise and they should choose from a different list for Academy and tour packages otherwise its the format.

I am also working under the premis that there are Different Klingon Fleets. You have the Klingon defense force KDF, the Main national fleet as it were. Then you have the many individual House fleets.Also klingon training is not Unifromed. Each having their own training facilities and Academies, so training levels can be Varied. To make matters more complicated The fleets swap back and forth. A warrior train by the KDF can leave to join the banner of a great house or a great House can pay their taxes in warriors to the High Council who use them in the KDF. There is a THE Klingon academy run by the KDF but its only slightly better then someof the House academies.

------------------
    Push the Button Frank

There's a Klingon supplement in the works, so stay tuned.

------------------
    "Now then, pendejo, let's see what kind of swordsman you've become." -- Juan Sanchez Villalobos Ramirez

Wouldn't some of the stuff in the DS9 core book meant for civilians be of some use for Klingons in the military?

Originally posted by Cochrane:
    Wouldn't some of the stuff in the DS9 core book meant for civilians be of some use for Klingons in the military?
    ?? such as.

The "Warrior" template/ career path does specificly mention the Klingon Defense Force.

Use the Knlingon template and the Warrior Career path and you should have a reasonable Klingon warrior.

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

I imagine some of the packages and new skills would help.

I imagine some of the packages and new skills would help.
    Using the DS9 Core book yes they would be, once the Klingon Supplement is done it will be an entirely simplier way of doing it, plus you will have information on Klingon Houses, templates, and skils.

The Andorian book has some packages that would be readily adaptable to Klingons.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."