Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardassian Sourcebook

Cardassian Sourcebook

According to a reply I received to a post in another thread, Decipher does not intend to produce a Cardassian sourcebook. Can any of the Decipher people here confirm or deny this?

If it is true, perhaps we can influence TPTB by a show of support for this product. Please, if you would like to see a Cardassian sourcebook, voice your opinion here.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Captain Taranis Branill
    USS Avatar CO

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details." -Albert Einstein
    -From the dedication plaque, USS Avatar

The opinions expressed in this post are the biased and personal opinions of the author except where noted. If anything in this post offends you, feel free to ignore it and get on with your life.

Perrryyy Guest
    Check out the "missing supplements" thread. Right after you posted, I found the link to the Cardie sourcebook & posted a reply in the other thread, along with the url which leads directly to the download. Good luck!

Hope that helps.

Re: Cardassian Sourcebook

Originally posted by Avatar CO
    If it is true, perhaps we can influence TPTB by a show of support for this product. Please, if you would like to see a Cardassian sourcebook, voice your opinion here.
    Unless you're willing to personally buy, say, 5,000 copies, then you're kind of wasting your time. The first and second year schedules are done and pure treatments of species aren't a part of Decipher's RPG plans (Klingons excluded). Why? Historically they don't sell well.

I'm not trying to cut you off at the knees, just inform you that 50 people on a web site going "yea, I'll buy it" doesn't factor into whether or not to stick a Cardassian book on the schedule in 2004. There is historical LUG sales data from the Vulcans, the Andorians, and the Romulans that tells Decipher exactly how many books they'll sell--or not as the case may be.

Perhaps Jess might go into a bit more detail.

If species books do make a comeback in some alternate reality, sign me up for the Betazoid book baby!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Perrryyy Guest

Re: Re: Cardassian Sourcebook

Originally posted by Don Mappin

If species books do make a comeback in some alternate reality, sign me up for the Betazoid book baby!
    Amen to that! I'd like to see some of the psionics for Betazoids outside what we've seen in the series a la speculation.

I downloaded and read the CardieSB. It has some great material, but as I suspected, I don't agree with all of it, and its written for LUG.

I'll be doing my own SB for CODA.
    Captain Taranis Branill
    USS Avatar CO

The opinions expressed in this post are the biased and personal opinions of the author except where noted. If anything in this post offends you, feel free to ignore it and get on with your life.

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Avatar CO
    I downloaded and read the CardieSB. It has some great material, but as I suspected, I don't agree with all of it, and its written for LUG.

I'll be doing my own SB for CODA.
    To quote the Vulcans, "Infinite diversity, in infinite combinations." If you've gto a Cardie Sourcebook for CODA in you, I'm sure we'd be glad to see it

Lightbulb

Share, share!
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Share, share!
    Share & enjoy

But, yes, if you have CODA material in you, put forth with many blessings.

Re: Re: Cardassian Sourcebook

There is historical LUG sales data from the Vulcans, the Andorians, and the Romulans that tells Decipher exactly how many books they'll sell--or not as the case may be.

Don't tkae this negatively, it is just a question nothing more.

I have seen the list of upcoming products for DecTrek, some I am very interested in, but if you aren't planning any species books, period, where do you go next? Or have I missed read the statement, Dec will (in the future) be putting Species specific books out? Im only expecteing a general answer here as I know Future relases are classified Gal'Ruta Shaya materials.

Re: Re: Re: Cardassian Sourcebook

Originally posted by Phantom

Don't tkae this negatively, it is just a question nothing more.

I have seen the list of upcoming products for DecTrek, some I am very interested in, but if you aren't planning any species books, period, where do you go next? Or have I missed read the statement, Dec will (in the future) be putting Species specific books out? Im only expecteing a general answer here as I know Future relases are classified Gal'Ruta Shaya materials.
    I think you are mistaking 'Species Specific' books with 'Specific Species' books.

What Don said Decipher are not doing is focusing on a particular Species and detailing them, similar to the way LUG did Way of D'era, the Vulcans and Andorians... Which is a shame.

While Decipher (I believe from previous posts) are putting out 1 big book with lots of different species in them, with a little more detail than the basic template, but not the entire book devoted to them. And lots more than were made available in the PG and NG. I also hope to see them playable too...

At least thats the impression that I have gained from these boards and put 2 and 2 together. Please somebody correct me if I made 5.

And put my name down for anything on Betazoids...
    Last edited by Dan Gurden; 08-20-2002 at 05:49 AM.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

What Dan said. The Big Book of Aliens which should sell real well. I wouldn't be surprised if it (Aliens) sold more copies than the Vulcans, Romulans, and LUG Andorians combined. It's a question of utility: spend 3-4 months on a book that goes into ad nausea detail on one species and get very little return on investment or expand that to include about 40 species with 2-4 page treatments that generally everyone will find something useful? Heck, even without my MBA that's an easy choice.

I don't think the Decipher line will suffer from lack of products. The 2003 list has some neat stuff in it and there's plenty of yet untapped material for a 2004 schedule (and beyond).

As with all things related to Decipher's plans I refer you to Jess as the Oracle of Knowledge as I am just a humble bystander.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Originally posted by Perrryyy

To quote the Vulcans, "Infinite diversity, in infinite combinations." If you've gto a Cardie Sourcebook for CODA in you, I'm sure we'd be glad to see it
    Work is proceeding on my CODA Cardassian Sourcebook. I'll start posting teasers here soon. Hopefully by the time I finish, TPTB here at trek-rpg.net will be taking submissions again.
    Captain Taranis Branill
    USS Avatar CO

The 2003 list has some neat stuff in it
    2003 List? What 2003 list?

All I see on the Decipher website are two brief entries for Worlds in February and Mirror Universe in March.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by First of Two

2003 List? What 2003 list?

All I see on the Decipher website are two brief entries for Worlds in February and Mirror Universe in March.
    I'm guessing the 2003 list is owned by section 31 (top secret)

How fitting that the character I play is dedicated to destroying Section 31.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook