Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: un-named Journey To Babel aliens

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!

un-named Journey To Babel aliens

http://www.bright.net/~jackbohn/sf/2au.jpg

There seem to be three UFP member species in this picture, all of them to my knowledge as yet un-named: The tall, seemingly dark-skinned folks in the hoods, the short gold-skinned guys in the Fezes, and the Magenta-skinned blonde lady in the background. Who knows if the human-looking guy is a human or something else. Maybe he's her date, or vice-versa.
    Any thoughts?
    Is there ANY established or even sceculative information about these races/species (I never know which term to use) anywhere?
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Re: un-named Journey To Babel aliens

Originally posted by Kirok
    http://www.bright.net/~jackbohn/sf/2au.jpg

There seem to be three UFP member species in this picture, all of them to my knowledge as yet un-named: The tall, seemingly dark-skinned folks in the hoods, the short gold-skinned guys in the Fezes, and the Magenta-skinned blonde lady in the background. Who knows if the human-looking guy is a human or something else. Maybe he's her date, or vice-versa.
    Any thoughts?
    Is there ANY established or even sceculative information about these races/species (I never know which term to use) anywhere?
    Honestly, I've never seen a single drop of ink spilled on any of these guys. Why that might be, I don't know. Maybe if any of them had gotten even a line of dialogue somebody would have taken notice.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Re: Re: un-named Journey To Babel aliens

Originally posted by Erik Filean

Honestly, I've never seen a single drop of ink spilled on any of these guys. Why that might be, I don't know. Maybe if any of them had gotten even a line of dialogue somebody would have taken notice.
    This actually very useful. It means I'm not the only fan who has never heard anything about these guys. Actually, one site did identify the little Fez-wearing guys as the Coridans, but there's no reason to believe that, and ENT has shown the Coridans, and they are neither short, nor gold-skinned, nor do they seem to wear Fezes.

I guess now's the time to start writing some alien species profiles. I just wish there was a little bit more to go on...

Thanks for the reply!
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

You could call the little gold guys 'oompah-loompahs'...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by qerlin
    You could call the little gold guys 'oompah-loompahs'...
    Ooo...now we're getting somewhere...

actually, the first thing that came to mind for those guys was that the males are shorter than the females, and that they eat a lot of raw foods. I have no idea where either of those came from, but there you have it.

The tall guys might be from an arid world, desert people if you will.

Anyway, I'll post all this when I'm done.
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

HOLY SMEG!

I think that sexy woman in the back is Trance Gemini, from Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Well, probably not, but if you know anything about Trance, it sure makes you think...

As for the little gold guys, I seem to remember somebody on this board did a write-up on them. I'll do some digging and see if I can turn it up.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Bwuutut

Somebody once asked me if my Bwuutut in TrekRPGNet's species databank were supposed to be those gold guys. That wasn't what I intended, but there's an idea. Maybe I'll eventually post some new Bwuutut information.

On Fezes

The little fellas with the fezes are one of Ross' favorites. Me personally, I would have prefered them to be bigger. You see, I believe that when you don a fez, you are declaring to the world that your sole purpose in life is to knock down hotel room doors and make off with the hero's love interest.
    Insert something clever

Re: On Fezes

Originally posted by Dave Biggins
    The little fellas with the fezes are one of Ross' favorites. Me personally, I would have prefered them to be bigger. You see, I believe that when you don a fez, you are declaring to the world that your sole purpose in life is to knock down hotel room doors and make off with the hero's love interest.
    Which just goes to show a huge cultural difference. For us Brits, putting on a Fez is an announcement to the world that you shall perform bad magic tricks and tell jokes in the name of Comedy.

Does this mean that this species is based around a polarising religion, with half being performers of some description, and the other half being evil henchpeople???
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Re: On Fezes

Originally posted by Dave Biggins
    You have very interesting Shriners in your area.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Re: HOLY SMEG!

Originally posted by Sarge
    I think that sexy woman in the back is Trance Gemini, from Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Well, probably not, but if you know anything about Trance, it sure makes you think...
    As for the little gold guys, I seem to remember somebody on this board did a write-up on them. I'll do some digging and see if I can turn it up.
    That would be terribly useful, thank you.
    I don't watch Andromeda - can you give me more info on "Trance", or point me toward some info?
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Re: Re: On Fezes

Originally posted by Dan Gurden

Which just goes to show a huge cultural difference. For us Brits, putting on a Fez is an announcement to the world that you shall perform bad magic tricks and tell jokes in the name of Comedy.

Does this mean that this species is based around a polarising religion, with half being performers of some description, and the other half being evil henchpeople???
    hmm....well, if I don't come up with anything else, I could abstract this idea into a "serious" description of their culture. I wonder if my players would ever detect the references...

and, uh, do they really do that over there? I'm so sorry.
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Re: Re: Re: On Fezes

Originally posted by Kirok

hmm....well, if I don't come up with anything else, I could abstract this idea into a "serious" description of their culture. I wonder if my players would ever detect the references...

and, uh, do they really do that over there? I'm so sorry.
    Dont be sorry. What you should do is look up Tommy Cooper on the internet. One of the UK's greatest comedians, now gone the way of all the greats, RIP.

Way back in the 1970's... So I can see where this may have gotten lost as a cultural affectation of the Fez.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Dan Gurden

Actually, Dan, I do believe the two of them are in cahoots. Who do you think is distracting the hero in the hotel bar while the other one is taking the freight elevator upstairs?
    Insert something clever

Originally posted by Erik Filean

You have very interesting Shriners in your area.
    Ah the Shriners...in what other organization can you wear a fez, drive a miniature car, and swing a tulwar about without getting questioned by the authorities? Besides that, the Freemasons run the show in the DC metro area. Everyone knows that.
    Insert something clever