Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I never get to play

Unhappy I never get to play

So my Bi-Weekly Friday night group got together last night and we went around the table to see what we wanted to play after Star Wars (which one of the players is running).

So it cames down to each of us saying what we wanted to play. When it go to be my turn (most of the group was already leaning towards D&D) I made mention of how the only game I ever really, really, really want to play is Star Trek. How I would love to be a player in a Star Trek game.

Well...looks like I will be running D&D for them.

Which will be fun... and once I watch LOTR a few more times I will be really stoked... but I really wanted to try out a centre seat.

Sigh...

Sorry, just needed to vent.

Yeah, I had to really work to get my group to accept a Star Trek game. Out of my five gamers, two were dead set against it due to Hard Science thoughts and one because he was upset that Starfleet wasn't militaristic enough.

Took me 3 months and a mini-Star Wars campaign (run by one of the others) to wear them down.

Now they love it.

Sometimes it just takes pure perseverence...

Perrryyy Guest
    At least you guys *have* gaming groups, I'm not so lucky here in the sticks south of KCK.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Perrryyy
    At least you guys *have* gaming groups, I'm not so lucky here in the sticks south of KCK.
    That's what you get for being in Kansas...it's just part of the punishment...

Now, if you were on the Mo. side, you'd have gamers coming out of the woodworks!

(Can you tell which side of the border I'm from? )

BTW, Perrryyy, what part of the metro are you from?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Sea Tyger

That's what you get for being in Kansas...it's just part of the punishment...

Now, if you were on the Mo. side, you'd have gamers coming out of the woodworks!

(Can you tell which side of the border I'm from? )

BTW, Perrryyy, what part of the metro are you from?
    I feel a KU/MU/K-STATE Kansas/Missouri thread coming on

I'm on the Kansas side (obviously!) in Miami county (about half an hour to 45 minutes south of the Battlezone on W 95th), specifically Paola (smallville of the universe!)

Why not try something like this. 'Your are in a dark dungeon, the walls are wet and ugly. There are torches in unregular distances and you hear slight steps ahead of you. Suddenly a voice says: Lt. Jones to the bridge, so you deactivate the Holodeck and leave for the bridge.'
    Maybe you can overwhelm them that way
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I guess I didn't make myself clear

I didn't mean I wanted to run them in Star Trek, I meant I wanted to be a dang Star Tek player for once!

But alas it ain't gonna happen

Bummer.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I get to both GM and play.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I LOVE to play Star Trek. I LOVE being Captain, Helmsman, whatever

But my group just doesn't have any Star Trek narrators in it, other than me

So I am the main narrator for the group and they all agreed on D&D, so I am going to do D&D, but I really would rather be a player in a Star Trek game.

Sigh...

OKay I am done feeling sorry for myself.

Come play on Anomaly, where the game never stops. There's usually people around 24/7 to play with.

Hmmmm

You know Fortunae kept trying to get me to play...

Maybe...maybe...

Perrryyy Guest
    I guess I'm gonna have to sit down & force myself to go through the character creation process from beginning to end

That is what always intimidates me as well.

It is a very over whelming thing.

BUt I will get through it I guess

What are you guys looking for?

Race, rank, departement, etc?

Yours is such a hard life Aslan

I'm sure you'll get a chance one of these days.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Unhappy you guys are lucky!

I would love to be in a role playing game, Star Trek or whatever, although I would live to be in a Star Trek game, but I don't know of any gaming group in the area I live! All my friends who used to play RPG's have been scattered to the four corners of the country and there is a sickening degree of apathy and elitism here.

I suppose that's why I haven't bought the CODA Trek yet, as much as I would like to........what's the point of buying a game when you have no one else to play it? (sound of mournful violins in the background).

God knows I have tried to drum up some interest in Star Trek, but as one of my friends said, they prefer to play action packed Sci-Fi role plays without thinking of the after effects of their actions (Star Wars, Fading Suns).

All I can do is float on these boards and muse about what I'm missing.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill