Thread: Apology to Sheliak Bob

Exclamation Apology to Sheliak Bob

I want to apologize to Bob for unloading on him in a recent thread. I left my response in its entirety for the reason that I don't believe in saying something stupid and then editing it out after the 'damage has been done.'

So, I'd rather tender my apology here. Sorry for the blow up, Bob.

I've stayed away from the thread in question because I can't guarantee that my passion won't flare up again. So, in the interests of not further looking like an ass, I'll simply let the matter go.

If anyone want to discuss the merits, shortcomings, or probabilities of any of the various systems I'd be happy to do so and share the math.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Cool

Hey Don! No problem, Admiral!
    While I do still maintain some of those pesky opinion thingies, I cannot deny the validity of the mathematical argument. The misinformation has been deleted so that I can focus on the species instead of the system issue.
    I'm afraid I DO believe in editing out my own, um, "ill-advised" and not thoroughly supported statements. Especially when they detract from the issue at hand.
    Sorry if I hit a button, there. I'll admit that I have lingering frustration issues over losing some much anticipated LUG supplements that got lost in the WoTC 359 "Incident" and I've not fully embraced CODA, yet.
    All in all, I'd rather compare opinions concerning Enterprise's new species with other GMs, (especially the guy who is writing up the official CODA versions!) than flame-war over system mechanics & merits.
    'Sides, it isn't polite to get into cussing matches with one's Host, especially in his own House!
    Peace!

Halkan-Bob

Lightbulb

I don't think one's rank, or in this instance, ownership, excludes one from the responsibility of behaving in at least a courteous manner online. The standards that we set for others around here shouldn't exclude me.

Hence, my publicly reprimanding myself.

Bad, Don. Bad!
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Wink

Hmmmm. Well...When you put it that way....
    Obviously, the only suitable punishment/reparations would be to make sure that ol' Shellie-B gets one of dem there Limited Edition Enterprise books!
    Yup.
    That's the only way this horrible, horrible transgression can be made right!
    ...ummmmmm....
    Can't blame me for trying!

Hey, I wasn't that out of line.

Contributor, Gnome Stew

Unhappy

ah.
    Buggerall! Foiled again.
    sigh.

Wink

I don't think one's rank, or in this instance, ownership, excludes one from the responsibility of behaving in at least a courteous manner online.
    Wait just a darned minute! Sure it does!

That's one of the perks of holding a position of power and influence!

One of the main joys of my life is making my subordinates cry!

[This is not true. I do not actually subscribe to the statements made above. This was done purely for humor and the entertainment value.]

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

Wink

I deny all rumors that Siroth is my "Dark Apprentice" or a member of any "dire Anti-Coda Cabal" with which I am acquainted!

There is no cause for alarm!

All is well!

Move along. Move along.

(hee hee.)

Talking Double Take ...

Originally posted by Sheliak Bob
    I deny all rumors that Siroth is my "Dark Apprentice" or a member of any "dire Anti-Coda Cabal" with which I am acquainted! ... (hee hee.)
    ROFLMAO!!!

Sorry, I just noticed this message today. You kill me Bob!

Steve