Thread: Starting Equipment and Mok'bara

Post Starting Equipment and Mok'bara

Hi all,

I've bought Star Trek: DS9 yesterday and we've been making characters today, but when
    we were done with all the background stuff, came the inevitable question of "What do we
    start with ?". I didn't find a suitable answer, despite many searches.
    Anyone have an answer for me ?

Also, one of my players took a Klingon and specialized in Mok'bara and I was wondering
    if there was a place to find Mok'bara moves and strikes.

Thanks in advance for the answers,
    Moah, full time turnip.

[This message has been edited by Moah (edited 01-21-2001).]

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

Firstly: Welcome to the world of LUGTrek, and also to these boards!

Now, to the question of "What do we start with", the answer will depend somewhat on the type of game you're running.

If you're running a Starfleet game, where the PCs are all Starfleet Officers on board a ship or station, then the answer can reasonably be "What ever you (the Narrator) feels is appropriate." Star Trek is not like ye olde fantasy games, where you had to work hard for the clothes on your back...in Star Trek times, if you want something, replicate it.

However, if you're running a game where the characters are more like renegades, pirates, the Maquis, etc... (ie, NOT Starfleet types), then the PCs starting equipment is likely to be more restricted...their financial resources will have a bearing on what they can start with. Again, your decision will be final, but be more restrictive in what they can have - their access to some items will be restricted, if not unavailable.

The Mok'bara question - don't know. Sorry. However, I think that others on this board have tackled this one already, and are better off answering it than I am...

------------------
    "Just think of it - a blind man, teaching an android how to paint? That's gotta be worth a couple of pages in somebody's book." - Riker to La Forge.

Originally posted by Moah:
    Hi all,

I've bought Star Trek: DS9 yesterday and we've been making characters today, but when
    we were done with all the background stuff, came the inevitable question of "What do we
    start with ?". I didn't find a suitable answer, despite many searches.
    Anyone have an answer for me ?

Also, one of my players took a Klingon and specialized in Mok'bara and I was wondering
    if there was a place to find Mok'bara moves and strikes.

Thanks in advance for the answers,
    Moah, full time turnip.

[This message has been edited by Moah (edited 01-21-2001).]
    Klingon Mok'bara is being addressed in the Klingon Supplement, along with starting basic equipment for a Klingon Warrior, based on his field, ie security, ground soilder etc.
    Klingons will normally start with their specialized equipment, examples are Tricorder, Commbadge, Disruptor and such.
    Anything else will be at the discretion of the GM

Originally posted by Sundell:
    Klingon Mok'bara is being addressed in the Klingon Supplement, along with starting basic equipment for a Klingon Warrior, based on his field, ie security, ground soilder etc.
    Klingons will normally start with their specialized equipment, examples are Tricorder, Commbadge, Disruptor and such.
    Anything else will be at the discretion of the GM
    Thanks for all the info.
    But... which Klingon supplement ? I had thought it had been canceled due to license losing. Is there any place it can be bought or downloaded ?

Moah, full time turnip.

Originally posted by Moah:
    Thanks for all the info.
    But... which Klingon supplement ? I had thought it had been canceled due to license losing. Is there any place it can be bought or downloaded ?

Moah, full time turnip.
    It's the New and Improved Klingon Supplement, not yet downloadable but will be very affordable, like Free . we're still putting alot of the chapters together so that they all mesh with each other.