Thread: Question

Question

I havean idea about a new species that are very small. Looking at the rules for ranged combat I've noticed that there is a +6 TN modifier to hit targets of 1/2 the size of a human. How much would this be worth, for game balance? Should I count it as an edge or what?
    nuqneH!
    tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?
    naDev tlhInganpu'tu'lu'a'?

In a standard game world they would suffer from being that size as well. Yes he is 1/2 human size, but can you think of a place that will have chairs that he can sit in without climbing into them. or where he would get a phaser his size. For game balance, his size would be a value in combat, and a penalty in every day life, except for at home..

I am taking for example the Cidi from Gurps.. They are about the size of a stuffed bear. They stand about 1 foot tall. Yes they are hard to hit in combat, they can get into places a human cannot.. They have a problem using human tools, and so on..
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Cidi, aaah, mt fav species from GURPS.

Played a Cidi once, the best darn Starship Gunner that wa sever aaccused of being a Soft Toy.

On a more sane (?) note, very small size is a problem. Tend to be more fragile (there's just not so much of you) and lifting power is plain terrible.

On the upside you can more personnel in the same size!

Check the Creatures chapter in the NG. It gives guidelines on how to handle different-sized beasties.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.