Thread: Waking up in Star Trek.

Smile Waking up in Star Trek.

I woke up this morning and turn on the news. There was a picture of Airforce One and the caption underneath said President Bush arrives in Romulus. "What?" I thought to myself. I was still a bit sleepy. I read it again and it said Romulus, Michigan.
    I laughed at myself and wondered what the Klingons thougth.
    Some define peace as the absense of war. I rather define it as the prevailance of liberty

Talking

Been there, done that! Up in Maine very close to the border with NH are a bunch of outlet shops in a town called "Kittery". I once said "Yeah, tomorrow I'm going up to the outlets in Khitomer to do some shopping." Guess I needed a new Bat'leth or something.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Not quite the same thing, but there's a town in SouthWest France called... Dax.
    We've been trying to spend some holidays there for some time
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Hmpf. The furthest I ever got was Mars, Pennsylvania.

I feel so untravelled now...

We still have a Vulcan in Canada, and in the centre of their town is the old NCC 1701 on a pedastle

Pennsylvania not only has Mars, but up in Warren county is located the town of Enterprise.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

LizardQueen, you'd better smile when you crack jokes 'bout Kittery. My mother and grandparents are from Kittery.

And since it's in Maine, you can't get theyah from heyah.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Re: Waking up in Star Trek.

Originally posted by Kevin
    I woke up this morning and turn on the news. There was a picture of Airforce One and the caption underneath said President Bush arrives in Romulus.
    I knew we were hard up to get some allies to go to war with but this is just Ridiculous! Does this also mean that VP Chenney or SOD Rumsfeld is making a file showing Iraq's plan to invade the Romulan Empire.

Re: Re: Waking up in Star Trek.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

LOL Maybe Bush wants to get his hands on one of those new warbirds.

Being a mere half-hour west of Romulus (Michigan), I have to wonder which neighboring city constitutes our Neutral Zone. My vote is for Belleville...
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Originally posted by Sarge
    LizardQueen, you'd better smile when you crack jokes 'bout Kittery. My mother and grandparents are from Kittery.

And since it's in Maine, you can't get theyah from heyah.
    Ayuh.

The mascots for the Romulus MI high school are the eagles (or something very similar).

Anyhow - when we drove by some years ago they had a big "bird of prey" displayed!
    TK