Thread: [LUG] Mass starship combat rules?

[LUG] Mass starship combat rules?

I recently started in a Romulan campaign run by a friend of mine in Concord, CA (still seeking players). Anyways, we are trying to figure out a good system to simulate combat between fleets. Any ideas? We are using the LUG system (although I am sort of pushing for CODA), but ideas from any system (even non-Trek) would be appreciated.

I think there are rules for mass starship combat in Spacedock.
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

There are.

You might wanna have a look at the LOTR & the Dominion War thread in the CODA section, I believe...I posted some quick and dirty rules that might work for you based off the LOTR game. They'll work with ICON, too.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Lord of the Rings has rules for starship fleet combat? Wow! Looks like they paid almost as much attention to the book as Peter Jackson!
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 09-12-2002 at 09:57 PM.

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    Lord of the Rings has rules for starship fleet combat? Wow! Looks like they paid almost as much attention to the book as peter Jackson!
    Lemme gues...you were pissed Tom Bombadil got cut.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Well, that was one of my complaints...

Odd, I did a jig of joy that Tom Bombaddil was cut, it always was my least favorite part of the book and he my least favorite character. Truth told, I despise Tom Bombadil and all that bad poetry...
    ... of course that is just my opinion.

mmm Concord... I used to live there till I moved to Oregon last year

Concord = Win
    Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis?

I have a mass-starship combat system worked out for the ICON system based loosely on the 7th-Sea mass combat rules.