Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I gotta go...

You were off by two days, styro...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Hey Qerlin, you sure you want to start this up?

I have no problem ignoring you.

But if you want to start we can start buddy.

It is all up to you

As Charlie Brown would say - "Oh for crying out loud!"

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I'm glad to hear that you're sticking around and I applaud your call for more Trek threads in another thread. (Meaning you asked for more threads in a thread other than this one, not that you asked for Trek threads in threads other than this one. Hmm. It makes sense, just read what I typed a few times.)

Trekrpg has many people with differing viewpoints and opinions that, quite naturally, will disagree from time to time. The problem arises when personal attacks and venemous generalizations come to the board due to differing personalities. Then everybody forgets civility and act like children as we, the community members, find ourselves at risk of losing several quality members of our "family". In order to maintain our diversity as well as not scare off anybody, I'd like to suggest that we all take a step back, keep our composure and remember that there are real people with real thoughts and emotions sitting at the other end of the Internet. Agree to disagree. Live and let live. Embrace diversity. (insert any other bumper sticker here). In short, lets enjoy this place and the people that use it. Oh, and play nice in the sandbox.
    Freedom is a package deal - with it comes responsibilities and consequences.<BR>
    <B>England forever!!! Scotland just a <i>wee</i> bit longer.</B>

Talking

He's stayin'!! YAY!

Ooops! Away one week-end and so much happens...

Anyway, glad you stayed, AslanC. As one of the most prolific poster in the ST RPG forums, having you leaving the boards would only have contributed to its loss of ST-related things.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

While i'm late on hoping on to this, I would hate to see you go Aslan, I do appreciate your story ideas

Karg

Thanks guys, it really makes me feel warm and fuzzy to have this kind of support I will do my best to maintain my qulaity if not improve it

Cap, love the Charlie Brown bit, but honestly, let him me, it is his way.

I bear him no malice or ill wishes. He has every right to post his feelings as I do. I will ignore him and hopefully he I.

Now everyone get out there and post some Trek!

I always related to Good ol' Charlie Brown.....

Actually, that's probably more information about my psychological state than I should reveal

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Aslan, I'm glad you are staying. I leave the boards for a couple of days and people are trying to jump ship.

You're not the only one who wants to avoid the political side of this board. The trick is to pick your topics, stay away from the war stuff, just have fun with the game stuff. But i think that's all been said.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Yeah but being called a whiner sucked me in today.

Crap

I try to avoid it but then someone baits me. Guess it's that old Irish Temper of mine

There is a solution to the dilema that would resolve the problem AND allow you to remain on the boards label-free...

Originally posted by AslanC
    Yeah but being called a whiner sucked me in today.

Crap

I try to avoid it but then someone baits me. Guess it's that old Irish Temper of mine
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Oh give it a rest for f***s sake
    Last edited by Capt Daniel Hunter; 09-16-2002 at 04:56 PM.