Thread: Commendation Edge

Commendation Edge

The PG states that you must expend a number of picks equal to the commendation level required. Given that edges normally cost 2 picks, does this mean that a Commendation 1 actually costs only 1 pick and is thus a half price edge; or would it cost 2 picks and a Commendation 2 cost 4 picks?

My take would be that the level 1 edge would cost only 1 pick, as it is more for 'flavor' than of any tangible benefit. However i wanted to see what others thought, as this goes against the standard cost for edges.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    No. Commendation 1 costs 2 picks. Commendation 2 costs 4 picks.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

The tyg...as usual, is right.

Speaking of which...we should put together a list o' commendations and their levels for CODA...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Qerlin, I did that a long time ago and no one seemed interested. I got like five responses.

I took a quick look for your aforementioned post but couldn't find it - I'd suggest bumping to it and posting a link here - perhaps there'd be more interest (or I could use my magic moderator powers to combine the threads).
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I can't either... Lets Start a new one.