Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Players Guide - Martial Arts

Using both hands in an attack inspired me to create a new Maneuver (made up on the fly this moment, details may be changed at a later time):

"Left Right Combo":
    Damage: Special; Difficulty: Special
    Description: Attack your opponent twice in a turn. Use the first attack to decive your enemy about the direction of the second one. This gives you the opportunity to hit better with the second attack.
    Game Mechanics: You declare two attacks. Multiple-Action Penalties apply. Reduce the damage from the first attack by as much as you like to a minimum of 1d6 or 2d6 (whatever the attack usually does). The same amount is added to your Unarmed Combat check for the second attack. The first attack does the reduced damage, even if the second one doesn't hit. Of course you don't get the bonus if the first attack doesn't hit.
    Example: Your first attack would normaly do 3+1d6 damage. You can reduce the damage by 1, 2 or 3 points, but do at least the 1d6 damage. Your follow-up attack then get's a bonus of +1, +2 or +3 points, according to the amount you reduced the damage of the first attack.

------------------
    "To seek, to strive, to find and not to yield" - Alfred Tennyson

[This message has been edited by Lancer (edited 05-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lancer (edited 05-09-2001).]

Well there you go!
    Thanks Owen - I dunno how many times I've read the Player's Guide, and I've never noticed those before!
    (I guess I was looking under Starfleet Martial Arts).

Thanks for the heads up!

------------------
    "Every atom in our bodies was forged in the furnace of ancient stars - it is our destiny to return home..."

A few months ago, I posted an Andorian Martial Art form in the Questions & Mechanics forum. I just bumped it back up, if anyone is interested. It's called "Andorian Martial Art".

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarge:
    [B]A few months ago, I posted an Andorian Martial Art form in the Questions & Mechanics forum. I just bumped it back up, if anyone is interested.B]</font>
    If it's ok, I'll add this to the slowly growing PDF collection.

------------------
    "Any society which is willing to surrender essential liberties in order to gain security, shall in the end have neither."

Smile

To Old Soldier:
    Sorry it took me a few days to say "Thank you" for the pdf you send me. A good job!

If you find anything you want to add to the list that's got my name on it you are certainly welcome to go ahead and put it in the next version of the list.

------------------
    "To seek, to strive, to find and not to yield" - Alfred Tennyson

OK, I've incorporated the material posted here and some new arts I've been working on (e.g. one for the Gorn, and Capoeria, etc.). I've also run the thing by a couple of sets of eyes for proof reading and it should be a bit cleaner.

I don't have a copy of the Andorian or Romulan sourcebooks, so the martial arts found in those references are not found in this handout.

I've submitted the file to the good folks whom run this site. If anybody wants a copy before (and if) it gets posted, email me and I'll send it along.

------------------
    "Any society which is willing to surrender essential liberties in order to gain security, shall in the end have neither."

Downloaded your PDF file, nice job !

There was a Betazoid style called "Tassa'akai" posted quite a while back, I do believe by Steve Long. Maybe he'd be good enough to post that again (Can't seem to find it now in a search) or, if he has no objections, I could post the info. It's a very well thought out/put together style involving a weapon (Akai) and utilizing Betazoid's telepathic skills.

There was also another Bat'leth style posted recently "NoQ'Jar".

Also if you can get a copy of the Andorian & Romulan books that adds another dozen or so !

I have one question, what species did you design the style "K'ha Vor Tok" for ?

Thumbs up

Nice job with the martial arts, Old Soldier.

Just one question: you've given melee weapons basic maneuvres, are these intended to replace the standard accuracy characteristic?

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."
    Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Prophecy Girl.

One thing I've done for Fantasy ICON is create maneuvers for each weapon (you can see an example in my post above, for Longsword/Scimitar). The "Basic" maneuvers for each weapon indeed replace the Accuracy noted in the LUG stats for melee weapons.

I'm not sure what Old Soldier has done, but I basically took the format of the Primitive Weapon "styles" in The Players' Guide and expanded 'em to include a chart for each weapon in Fantasy ICON.

What can I say ... I played Rolemaster as a kid.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Steven A Cook (edited 06-06-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Greg Smith:
    Just one question: you've given melee weapons basic maneuvres, are these intended to replace the standard accuracy characteristic?</font>
    Yes. That's pretty much what I did.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steven A Cook:
    I'm not sure what Old Soldier has done, but I basically took the format of the Primitive Weapon "styles" in The Players' Guide and expanded 'em to include a chart for each weapon in Fantasy ICON.

What can I say ... I played Rolemaster as a kid.
    </font>
    Tablemaster was ok... if your ref had a large allotment of common sence.

I did pretty much the same as you did, except that I was a bit lazy and produced only one set of "universal" maneuvers for all weapons, and added them to each maneuver at the top. Where these differed by necessity I changed them slightly. I also tweaked the differing arts a bit here and there to fit my specific campaign needs.

------------------