Thread: Talking of retro ships

Talking of retro ships

Was discussing pre-TOS but post Enterprise ships with a friend of mine today, prompted by Joshua Bell's Declaration class design (found at http://www.calormen.com/Star_Trek/de...eclaration.htm). Which, interestingly enough, also bears a fair resemblance to LUG's Ranger class (does anyone know if the Ranger class was intentionally based on the same Matt Jefferies design sketch?).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I did a little cut and paste, and mixed it with some bits redrawn in Corel and came up with something I kind of liked.

It's based on the same 1701 design sketch as Joshua's Declaration, but I made a concerted effort to make it look more like a later contemporary of the Daedalus. Not to mention, I think it's much closer the original Jefferies design sketch. Hence I drew the nacelles (Daedalus class version) and saucer in Corel, and hooked them up to a stretched version of the Daedalus secondary hull.

Currently, it's a work in progress, since I want to redraw the bits that are just cut and pasted, and scale the whole thing properly (the windows are far too large just now).

Any thoughts? If anyone's interested, I'll probably do a CODA writeup for this thing.

In case anyone cares, the latest scratch-drawn draft looks like this

Last edited by Capt Daniel Hunter; 09-29-2002 at 08:23 AM.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I would. The Declaration/Ranger class fits my needs perfectly, as I'm setting my campaign about 20 years after Enterprise.
    "A posse ad esse"

Durf

I have no idea how I missed this one first time around. It looks great

Kudos Cap, much better than the other ones you provide a link for. This one looks like its' own ship and not just a rearrange on a Connie.

Y'know I had completely forgotten about this one. I never did get around to doing the CODA stats for it. I haqve a few days off in just over a week, so I'll have another crack at it.

Umm, what other ships are you talking about Aslan? I don't recall linking to any others

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Re: Talking of retro ships

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    [B]Joshua Bell's Declaration class design (found at http://www.calormen.com/Star_Trek/de...eclaration.htm).
    Those ones