Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CODA Chat, Friday 4th: Transcript inside!

CODA Chat, Friday 4th: Transcript inside!

Hello everyone!

With presence confirmed, Don Mappin and Doug Burke, and also (probably) Jesse Heinig will be awaiting your questions about Decipher's Star Trek Role Playing Game, the CODA system and upcoming products, this Friday, October 4th, at 8 PM EST, or 1 AM GMT.

We'll be publishing the rules for the chat very soon, on this very same thread. We expect that the attendants are respectful and wise: any behavior disturbance will merit the old 'n good kick/ban. And believe me, Anarchy Bob is ten times quicker than I am with it.

Finally, a request to the mods/admins for a sticky thread. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Transcript included. Title change.
    Last edited by Dr. Jonas Bashir; 10-07-2002 at 06:18 PM.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

As one of the Chan Ops who will not be there (stupid regular roleplaying group not even playing Star Trek) I am envious of you all and look forward to the transcript

Same as AslanC, although the reason I'm gonna miss the chat is simply that I'll probably be sleeping at this time (damn time zones!)
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by C5
    Same as AslanC, although the reason I'm gonna miss the chat is simply that I'll probably be sleeping at this time (damn time zones!)
    If it's any consolation: You are not alone with that little problem.

If the Chat funtion through the forum gets bolluxed up, is there another option to getting to the chat room? I'm hoping to be there.

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Ineti
    If the Chat funtion through the forum gets bolluxed up, is there another option to getting to the chat room? I'm hoping to be there.
    Log on to Magicstar & use TrekRPG for the channel.

Or d/l MIRC

Enjoy. I'll be watching John Doe most likely...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by qerlin
    Enjoy. I'll be watching John Doe most likely...
    Actually, ditto

These are the methods to access the chat channel:

- IRC clients (mIRC, etc), MagicStar network, channel #TrekRPG
    - Trillian, the same
    - www.magicstar.net, Chat Now! button, and TrekRPG as channel.

For those who never had the pleasure to chat, I recommend to use the latter. Go to www.magicstar.net, then press the Chat Now! button. Put TrekRPG as channel, your nickname (replacing 'Gamer' which is there as a default option), press Connect, and there you go!

And now, the rules:

- Please, be civil. Not only with the ones hosting the chat and our guests from Decipher, but to everyone.
    - The channel will be moderated, that is, you won't be able to speak directly into the main chat window when the Q & A session begins. To be able to ask a question, please query (private message) the ops, like this:
    /msg OpName Your question goes here
    - Remember, the ops will be posting on the main chat WHEN you'll be able to relay a question. Please, do not send them when you're not asked for. We'll attend and send those questions in strict order of appearance, and all of them will be relayed.
    - Any questions you may have, please ask them to the ops, in the same way you would relay a question to our guests
    - Do not message or query the guests directly
    - There will be free chat at the end. In case we don't have many visitors, the chat will be probably unmoderated the entire time.
    - Any breach of these rules during the chat will earn you a one-minute kick and ban (you won't be able to enter the channel for one minute) first, and then a night-long kick/ban.

Thank you for everything. See you there tomorrow!
    Last edited by Dr. Jonas Bashir; 10-03-2002 at 06:30 PM.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Quick question - is it possible to save a chat log through mIRC? That's the program I'll be using...

Looking forward to the chat!

Yes, it's possible:

The best way is just enabling general 'logging'. Go to mIRC main menu (the little chat window icon top left) and select 'logging'.

You can also 'dump' the text into a file in any moment. Go to the same menu, then select 'Buffer > Save as'

That's it.

Thanks for the info! Who will be the channel ops for this evening?

I think I'll be quite alone with my @ tonight. Three of my four co-ops (Anarchy Bob, Styro and AslanC) are busy. I don't know about Brian K though.

Talking

I'll be there and dusting off my "Starships" and "Enterprise" manuscripts to answer questions or on anything Coda in general.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Thanks to Don and Doug, and the Doc for oping the chat last night. It was very informative and a lot of fun!