Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Part Deux

Cool Hurricane Part Deux

Hi folks! We're battening down the hatches in Baton Rouge tonight as Hurricane Lilly (Class 4 140mph winds) heads toward us. Put tape on the windows and gathered in the viking kittens. Got my bottled water and my fresh D-cells. Got the new Trek book and the new Harrington book. I guess we're good to go!

Hope Cyberludite is ready too.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Re: Hurricane Part Deux

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    Hope Cyberludite is ready too.
    We're ready here, but I'm convinced my folks have been smoking crack while watching the news. Oy...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Re: Re: Hurricane Part Deux

Originally posted by Cybrludite
    We're ready here, but I'm convinced my folks have been smoking crack while watching the news. Oy...
    Eh? Do you mean because they're not moving? Man, this thing is bigger than Andrew was and Andrew shut us down up here in Baton Rouge! Lili may put the hurt on Southern Louisiana. Hang tight! We're GO!

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Part Deux

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    Eh? Do you mean because they're not moving? Man, this thing is bigger than Andrew was and Andrew shut us down up here in Baton Rouge! Lili may put the hurt on Southern Louisiana. Hang tight! We're GO!
    Yeah, y'all look to be hit by it after it's been on shore for a while. :-( Breezy & light drizzle down here. Street-signs are starting to do that wobbly thing they do in bad weather. Nothing measurable in the rain-gauge yet.

Unhappy

Crap. As of the 10pm report, it's going NNW now instead of NW. We really need it to go further west.

Midnight report has it still going NNW, so I'm gonna call it a night. More rain now, but not quite as windy as before. I'll update when I get up if we still have power/internet.

Tornado warning just south of here ended a few minutes ago. Storm is still aimed at New Iberia, and due ashore at 7am local.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by StyroFoam Man
    Be glad it isn't named Hurricane Liz!
    Hey, I thought for a real hurricane you would have to name her Beth not Liz.

(Runs back into the house and starts putting steel shutters one the windows before Hurricane Beth hits.)

poster

poster

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by StyroFoam Man
    Hey! Isn't Doc Bashir's wife named Lilly?

Be glad it isn't named Hurricane Liz!
    Hell hath no fury like a Hurricane storm named Liz not Beth!

Cool

Hi folks! As of 1130 Central, Lili is pounding away at Lafayette, but we're doing pretty well up here in Baton Rouge. Mostly limb damage and lots of rain and wind. Power still on (so far...). I'm glad that Lili changed her mind about how much to dump on us and I'm glad that Hurricane Beth ain't nowhere 'round here!

Best wishes to everyone stuck in the middle of this thing. I hope to see you out come out of it safe and sound. Keep posting here and let us know you're okay.

Cool

Imagine my surprise. I went down the street and lo and behold- the Krispy Kreme was open!

Hot doughnuts for everyone and coffee/chocolate too!

Everything else looked closed though.