View Poll Results: What netbook do you want to see?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Next Generation: Sourcebook

3 7.89%
  • Enterprise Sourcebook

7 18.42%
  • Sciences Sourcebook(Starfleet)

28 73.68%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra, Extra, read all about it!

Lightbulb Extra, Extra, read all about it!

I have done it. Here are three choices for a "canon as possible" netbook.

1) The Next Gerneration Sourcebook-Covering most information in the this series.

2)Enterprise Sourceook- Covering all information through season one and some of season two.

3) A sourcebook on the science department aboard a Starship/base. Procedures and so forth.

I will leave the poll up for an undetermined amount of time.

When you vote, vote why you want something.

A sciences sourcebook would be cool, though I don't envy you the amount of work involved if you select it.

It would dovetail nicely with the medical book I'm starting.

Science sourcebook - TNG was more or less covered by LUG, and IMHO it's a bit early to make an ENT sourcebook. But I agree this may be a lot of work.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I have been interested learning about the sciences department aboard a ship since I thought abouot the lack of coverage. There is not much science officer used in Startrek.

T'pol -----> Vulcan ----->Science Officer -----> Executive Officer ----->Not Starfleet
    Spock ---> Vulcan -----> Science Officer -----> Executive Officer-----> Starfleet
    7 of 9 --->Human/Borg -----> Scientist -----> Civilian(Not commissioned)

We have never seen a dedicated commissioned Chief Science Officer that is not another role. I am pretty sure this is what I will do pending the vote.

I am all in favor of a Science sourcebook, but I have to join Ineti and C5 in warning you about the possible workload involved. OTOH, you asked for the vote so I guess you have given this some thought beforehand.

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    We have never seen a dedicated commissioned Chief Science Officer that is not another role.
    Very true. The best Trek campaign I ran had one of the players playing the Chief Science Officer. That's all he did - he wasn't the XO or anything else. It was a great character, and he got involved in just about every episode. There's a lot of science in Trek, and a player who's willing to make an effort can get themselves a ton of playing time.

I love to play science officers. This will only help players be able to play them.

Science for sure.

It would be cool to read and im sure that Decipher will be working on the other 2

Karg

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    We have never seen a dedicated commissioned Chief Science Officer that is not another role.
    Well, there was Jadzia Dax on DS9 too, but we only saw her doing actual science officer job during the 2 first seasons.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Since I have not seen DS9 I apologize for missing her

Matt, if you have the means, DS9 will be released next year on DVD. It's definitely worth checking out.

Arrow

Of the three, the Science sourcebook is most deserving of the Netbook status. The others must be written by Decipher RPG Studio and printed as commercial products.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    Of the three, the Science sourcebook is most deserving of the Netbook status. The others must be written by Decipher RPG Studio and printed as commercial products.
    Out of curiosity, why "must be"? I imagine the fans could put out something decent.

Arrow

Because Decipher RPG Studio will have exclusive access inside Paramount archive.

Don't get me wrong. I simply want those former LUG staff to keep their job at Decipher a little longer. If we let the fans do it, then what are they going to do? Devote their entire resources to enlarge Lord of the Rings product line?

Hmm, now that I said it, it doesn't sound that bad. After all, Wizards did the one core rulebook + one supplement deal (i.e., Wheel of Time).

Who's in favor of allowing Decipher to publish only one Star Trek supplement a year or two, and just let the fans do the rest?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Let's just say you blinded me with science

The other material is "Been there, done that". A pure science book would be, in the old New Hampshire venacular, wicked awesome.