Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Startrek: ??

Startrek: ??

Warning this is a spoiler for future campaign ideas for my Enterprise Era game. That means Dr. Bashir....leave immediately!

Okay I have not named the ship yet. That explains the question mark doesn't it?

It will be a 22nd century game that is set around 2152. It will not be set on an NX-class vessel. It will most likely be set on a ship that is capable of atleast warp 4.5. What type of ship would be good for this? Maybe a cruiser?

My ship will head toward the galactic rim(southward). Meeting new peoples and enemies. I have one enemy that I have totally changed, the Arin. They will be the main antagonist. One army man of the Arin will be acting on his own sometimes to try and steal some supplies from the new Starfleet ship and whatnot. Also their borders(Arin) are closed to Starfleet ships because of the incident with the USS Frenta. Thje Frenta was talking with the "President" of the Arin worlds and the Presidents ship was destroyed along with two other vessels.

The Arin claim that Starfleet destroyed those ships to get more political power in that sector.

What do you guys think about this series? Mission Ideas? Ships Names?

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    Ship names Endeavor, Reliant, Intrepid. They sound inspirational don't they....
    A name that gives the crew the sense that they are starting out on their own great enterprise...
    The ship could be the newest class using lessons learned from the first couple of years of the Enterprise's cruise. Is starfleet using the U.S.S. bit on ship names yet? The SFB Texas-class cruiser was fun to play on after converting. It was originally armed with lasers and atomic weapons and protected by armor plate. Mixing the histories of Trek, you could arm the new ship with new high powered lasers, and more powerful atomic torpedoes. Maybe combining the phase cannon and laser tech will result in a phaser, who knows?
    It just seemed that the plasma weaponry didn't do squat.
    The ship might even include the new fangled force field that Reed was working on. Maybe a new two-person transporter? Arm the crew with laser weapons, more powerful than a phase pistol, but no stun setting. Just some rambling thoughts, hope they help.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

No transporters We must use shuttles. I am thinking of them constructing a new shuttle that is bigger and longer range. Maybe like an early Danube class runabout. By all means not named that though.

Comments?

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    You could design the ancestor of the Galileo 7. A nice roomier shuttlecraft, with a laser cannon for self defense. Never know when you're going to land on a fog shrouded planet with giant cavemen on it.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

Columbus is a good name for a ship from this era. Other explorer names would also give it a good "we're the first of our kind to see this" feel.
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

How do you guys like USS challenger?

I thought Pioneer and Pathfinder were good names (heaven help us all, I agree with Styro on something Star Trek related )

I was thinking, pathfinder sounds better and better!

How's this for a dedication quote?

"I think therefore I say!" -priceline...

I chose this since it represents human seperation from the Vulcans in space travel. We have our own mind.

I like the "Pathfinder."

Makes the Voyager name a homage to them. Maybe include some of the very first communication upgrades that have been suggested by the experiences of Enterprise.

"Where no human has gone before." I keep waiting for someone to say that on Enterprise, with a pointed look at T'Pol.

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Originally posted by Michael Barratt
    "Where no human has gone before." I keep waiting for someone to say that on Enterprise, with a pointed look at T'Pol.

The Doc
    I think mister Barratt has found the reason why so many Vulcans still dislike humans by the time of TNG and DS9; we keep stealing their women..... (No offense, Doc)
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

I like USS Discovery. With a tip of a hat to the Space Shuttle, and Arthur C. Clarke.

Star Trek: Discovery.

Dedication quote: "To Look, To Seek, To Find"
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Pathfinder is a real good name....

if the polls have not closed on the name how about

Maggellan

Copernicas(agg sp...but hey it's late)
    That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
    Neil Armstrong

or to give a nod to the basis of Roddenbury's vision(Hornblower)

Indefatigable

Sutherland

Pioneer (I think this one was posted)

Sojurner

However a suggested quote for the USS PATHFINDER

Adversity is the first path to truth.
    Lord Byron

Capt. Pike:
    "I'm tired of being responsible for 203 lives. I'm tired of deciding who goes on the landing party and who doesn't... and who lives... and who dies. "

For the first mission I think that the crew will start heading away from the present Enterprise and head straight for the Galactic Rim(on a map, equivalent of South). They will make another canotact with the Arin race. Before the USS Scott, was making contact with them and three of the Arin ships were destroyed. Two remained and accused Starfleet of destroying them. The borders are now closed, and diplomatic tensions are rising.

What I am thinking is that the players try and open the borders again. Comments?

How about the Heyrdahl, after the leader of the "Kon Tiki" expedition?
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy