Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don's Coda Form/Sheet v3.2a

Thumbs up

Keep up an excellent work

Talking I love the new sheeet

This much improved and doesn't my ink cartridge. Great jod, and thanks man!!!
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Hey, nice to hear that someone other than myself uses it.

Working on the "final" version so I can move onto a starship sheet!
    Is this final version of this sheet going to be the 4 Page Sheet in the Starfleet Operations Manual?

I love the sheet we have right now. It has been really useful since no Character Generators are out there.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

The sheet is great--I'm getting all my PCs to use them. The only kind of annoying deal is the clicking all the little boxes in the health levels... if there were some easier way to do that.

Otherwise.... I just need the full version of Acrobat so I can save the durn things... =)

Just wondering if any progress has been made on the final version of the character sheet. We are about to start playing and would love to use your final version. Thanks.
    Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.

It's pretty much fully functional steele; we've been using it for months.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I finally got a laser printer at home, , and I wanted to see how your sheet looked on black and white, so I printed it. IT came out all screwed up. The skill boxes were there but no the text, that printed on a whole seperate sheet.? Any ideas to what might be causing this?

HP Laser Jet 5L Printer
    Acrobat Reader 5.0

Cheers for that !

Willem

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    I finally got a laser printer at home, , and I wanted to see how your sheet looked on black and white, so I printed it. IT came out all screwed up. The skill boxes were there but no the text, that printed on a whole seperate sheet.? Any ideas to what might be causing this?

HP Laser Jet 5L Printer
    Acrobat Reader 5.0
    It's got to be something with your printer, Matt. I've printed tons of these sheets in black and white on my Lexmark inkjet and had no problems.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Adding to the character sheet

Hi. I love the game! I love the character sheet!

Is there a way you can post to us (or send privately) an unlocked version of your pdf character sheet.

I've been dabbling with javascript and Acrobat for quite some time now and I think I can contribute to the page (add more automatic stuff like species list box, auto species modifiers, profession list box and auto modifiers, etc.

Here's a simple example of form fields I added to the original character sheet. Didn't take too long too ;-)

I don't want to design a sheet from scratch - but if I can add to an already designed sheet then everybody wins.

Let me know.
    Thanks again.
    Roy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cpt. Lundgren; 07-19-2007 at 07:54 AM.

Is this sheet still aviable? If it is where can I get it. The link in the first post of this theard take me to an error page saying the file doesn't exist.

rogue
    rogue

I've fixed the link in the first post. Should be good to go now.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Nice, but just one request...

Don -

First off let me just say that your sheet is gorgeous and I love it. However, there is one little thing that I would like to do,

I'm preparing a table top campaign and I don't want to burn the ink and paper (nor do I want my players to) every time characters take advancments. Could you do me a favor and create a variant of the character sheet form so that Acrobad does not automatically put the zeros into the form (AKA so they are blank)?

And before you refer me to the Coda sheet.pdf file, it is lacking the health section that the form has. So, would you be willing to hook me up with a 'blank' form containing no pre calculated zeros in the skills table?

It would be very much appreciated. Thanks much Don!

Captain Amado

I realize I'm a little late for the party, but having just picked up the Decipher PG and NG I offer up a wholehearted THANKS Don! This charform rocks.

The charsheet in the PG is all higledy-pigledy. Way too much going on.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Re: Nice, but just one request...

Originally posted by Captain Amado
    And before you refer me to the Coda sheet.pdf file, it is lacking the health section that the form has. So, would you be willing to hook me up with a 'blank' form containing no pre calculated zeros in the skills table?
    Why not use the 1st page from the sheet and the 2nd page from the form...?

It's doubtful I'll add any major new functionality; the existing form already represents dozens of hours of work. I'd rather move on to a really good Starship form, as an example.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride