Andrew WK: I Get Wet
    Van Halen: Right Here, Right Now Live
    Stevie Ray Vaughn: Greatest hits
    Harley Davidson Road Songs: 2 CD Compalation
    Rush: Greatest Hits 2CD

Man, this is rough...

I listen to a LOT of music...

Okay, 5 most recently listened-to albums:

Beethoven's 9th Symphony (Sir George Solti conducting the London Symphony Orchestra)

Tori Amos Little Earthquakes

Oingo Boingo Best of Boingo

Concrete Blonde Bloodletting

Night Spirit Masters Gnawa: Music of Marrakesh

Okay, I like to mix it up a bit

(I'll just list the english music i listen to.)

1) Chef Aid: The South Park Album
    2) The Queers: Don't Back Down
    3) The Ramones: Ramonesmania
    4) The Blues Brothers: Blues Brothers Soundtrack
    5) D.R.I. : D.R.I. Live

and many many, many others.
    Jesus saves... and takes half damage.
    --+
    (www.btvs-rpg.net)

Music...

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    1. Styx: Brave New World, Return to Paradise and Edge of the Century...Styx is my favoirte band; they have to be in my CD!

2. Gordon Lightfoot: Gord's Gold Vols. 1 & 2...yeah, I admit it...I like Gordo...

3. The Power and the Glory: Original Music and Voices of NFL Films....ahh, the football music I grew up with...

4. Classic MTV: Class of 1983....yeah, I'm one of them...

Aside from those, I have another 15 CDs that occasionally make it into my CD player at the office....of course, I have a 51-CD carousel at home, so the list is a lot larger there...

When I'm not listening to CDs, I'm listening to sports talk radio.

Yes, yes, I'm a rarity...one of those few Trekkers who's actually a sports junkie, too....
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Perrryyy Guest

Re: Music...

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    3) REO Speed Wagon, don't remember the title.

Other than that I listen to the radio.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

Perrryyy Guest
    2. Gordon Lightfoot: Gord's Gold Vols. 1 & 2...yeah, I admit it...I like Gordo...
    Ohhhh

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald!

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Nothing wrong with that! I listen to those two albums a lot, too!

Great stuff.

Hmmm, radio for me = NPR (National Public Radio)

I gave up listening to commercial music stations about 8 years ago.

Of course that means I get to miss things like Britney, P!nk, Snoop Doggy, Madonna and all the rest...

Oh, what a wonderful world

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Hey, I like Gordo, too. But then I'm something of a folksy. Due to an abusive childhood of having to listen to his tapes ALOT, I still know the lyrics to pretty much all of John Denver's assorted hits. (Curling into a fetal ball as "Annie's Song" gets firmly lodged in my brain... Brain? What is brain?!?) Most of what I listen to is in digital format, mostly because I can't get my mitts on it any other way. Wherehouse Music doesn't carry any Leslie Fish, and I'm sure she'd start dynamiting the stores if they did. Anyhow, my most recent CD purchases are as follows...

We Don't Know by The Bilge Pumps: They're a pirate comedy troupe who mainly play the ren-faire circuit. I picked up this one because they do a cover of Heather Alexander's "March of Cambreadth".

TomP3 by Tom Smith: Tom is the World's Fastest Filker. Notable tunes on this CD are "Rocket Ride", "Bermuda Triangle", and "On-Line Religion". (Gimmie that On-Line Religion, gimmie that On-Line Religion, gimmie that On-Line Religion... It's God, Revision Three!)

Black Hawk Down Soundtrack: Great for adding a multi-culti feel to Cyberpunk games.

13th Warrior Soundtrack: Hah! We feirce Viking raiders will sack & pillage the Shire and burn Rivendell to ashes! Wah-hahahahahaha!

Free Brains & Dead Bodies by The Consortium of Genius: Better known as The CoG! BOW TO THE COG! Local band of mad scientists plotting to take over the world with their music. Sort of a Mirror Universe version of Buckaroo Banzai & the Hong Kong Cavaliers. With a heavy dash of Pinky & the Brain. These guys are the reason they've banned orbital mind control satelites...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Originally posted by Ramage
    Concrete Blonde Bloodletting
    Yay! It's nice to not be the only Blonde fan.
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."

Looks like the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack is good. I guess I'll have to buy that.

In my CD player:

Once More with Feeling, the Buffy musical episode (played incessantly since I got it)

Bladerunner Soundtrack, (Vangelis)

Soundtrack to Grosse Point Blank

Dido, No Angel

and

Meat Loaf/Bonnie Tyler, Heaven & Hell
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

My music shifts around alot, I have recently gotten into the whole MP3 thing and have been ripping a lot of my own CDs so that I can place somewhere between 10-15 albums on a CD-R in my players or my computer. I am presently in a techno phase, but still like and listen to a lot of Classical and Swing as well.

The most consistent though?

Supreme Beings of Leisure - Their first (self-titled I think) album and/or their latest (not quite as good) Divine Operating System (DOS). Only semi-techno at best (esp DOS) but it really evokes the feel of cool 60s music.

Propellerheads: Decksanddrumsandrockandroll. Friggin' cool all around, plus it has Spybreak which is definitely a must for Spycraft.

Snatch Soundtrack: the dramatic changes in style between the songs can be a bit jarring but all around coolness. Klint's "Diamond" and the Strangler's "Golden Brown" are worth the price of admission. The only thing that sucks is Madonna, ack, never include that when I burn to CD-R's. ...oh and that's Periwinkle blue right?

Swordfish Soundtrack: consistent. very cool. One of the few albums you can listen to over and over.

Batman Beyond Soundtrack: A buddy of mine turned me on to this, it is a metal and techno blend and most of the songs are great for gaming. Return of the Joker not as good but still very much in the same style.

Otherwise: Crystal Method, Any Oakenfold, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Yello, DJ Shadow, the list goes on and on...
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

• Garbage 2.0 -- Garbage
    • Dummy -- Portishead
    • Crimson Tide soundtrack -- Hans Zimmer
    • Tidal -- Fiona Apple
    • Doppleganger -- Curve
    • A Slight Case of Overbombing -- Sisters of Mercy
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Chalk up one more to LotR...

When I've heard that too many times, I put in the soundtrack from Last of the Mohicans. Parts of it are very similar to LotR in style and atmosphere.

Music of Grieg (Morning Mood, Piano Concerto in A minor, Hall of the Mountain King) and Sibelius (Karelia, Lemmenkainen, Finlandia) are among my classical favorites, along with some of Wagner's orchestral stuff, especially the Flying Dutchman overture.

For the CD player in the car, I usually pick something lighter to keep me alert, like The Tornadoes (Telstar & other Joe Meeks productions).

Like Ramage, I avoid commercial radio. Commercials suck. Right now, the radio is tuned to Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion (brought to you by Powdermilk Biscuits, Bertha's Kitty Boutique, Bebop-a-rebop Rhubarb Pie, and the Catsup Advisory Board).
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1