Greetings Star Trek gamers. I am running a (table-top) Star Trek role playing game in Arlington, Virginia.

It is the year 2378 and the period after the Dominion War is a treacherous uncertain time. In the aftermath of the war, Federation unity is fractured. Terrorists plot to end the Federation way of life. Forces within the highest levels of Starfleet and the UFP government seem to have agendas of their own. A new alien menace lurks in the shadows. It is difficult to know who to trust anymore.

We follow the crew of the U.S.S. Tempest, a new experimental ship designed to travel faster than any other known warp vessel using a new "Concentric Warp Field" system. They have seen a vision of the future in which the Federation lies in ruins. They work against enemies in every corner to prevent the end of everything they hold dear...

I would like to add one more player to this game...I have 4 currently.

There are some things about my game that people should know before deciding whether they are interested.

1. We play every other Tuesday evening. This is not going to change any time soon. I need someone who can attend with only the occasional unforseen conflict.

2. We do not use any of the standard Star Trek role playing rules. I adapted a variation of the Godlike rules system for use with Star Trek.

3. The emphasis of the game is on role-playing, not roll-playing. Politics and conversation figure prominently. Action is not the focus. (Anyone who likes fighting above all else in an RPG will not be happy.)

4. The game is played troupe-style. Each player has one junior officer character and one senior officer character. There is no XP system in this game, so characters do not regularly advance in skill levels. Senior officers have a lot of skills already and can hold their own with the best of the best. Junior officers are less experienced and stay that way. This game is not meant to track the full career of an officer; it is patterned more after the way the TV series operates where characters stay in the same job throughout the run of the series. (Anyone who values skill progression above all else in an RPG will not be happy.)

5. This is a game in progress, so there are a limited number of ship positions to choose from. Here are the available slots for new characters:

SENIOR OFFICERS (Lieutenant or Lieutenant Commander)
Chief Science Officer
Chief Flight Control Officer
Chief Counselor
(If someone REALLY wants to play the Chief Engineer, we might be able to work something out, but I have an NPC important to one of the other players in that position.)

JUNIOR OFFICERS (Lieutenant JG or Ensign)
Tactical/Security Officer
Flight Control Officer
Counselor

We have a good group of players here and the future of the game looks bright. Anyone who is interested in the game can email me at gm@stwoc.net or check out the web site...which admittedly is in bad need of updating...at www.stwoc.net.