Thread: "A Night in Sickbay" Okay, now that we've seen it...

"A Night in Sickbay" Okay, now that we've seen it...

Okay, now we've seen it. Thoughts, questions, comments? Discuss.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Judging by the comments on trekbbs.com, I'm in a huge minority but I really enjoyed it. Could be because one of my best friends is a canine (though I hesitate to refer to him as subservient). I'm not thinking it as "City on the Edge of Forever" in quality, but it was, for me, a light experience that gave me some smiles and all-out laughs.

Though I'm not of the "T'Pol is a sex goddess camp", I enjoyed Dr. Ruth Phlox prodding the captain about his sex life.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I'm going out on a limb and answering my own post.
    Kind of awkward to use the computer out here.

I liked it, even though it wasn't 'Balance of Terror' or 'All Good Things..', it was entertaining, it developed Archer, T'Pol, and Dr. Phlox, and it may lead to interesting territory. The only Vulcan/Human relationships we've seen have all been in the 'already developed' category. What is dating like?
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

I think this episode made you tink a bit. Was the dog the main issue...well duh I think not! I think Archer has some repressed feelings for his vulcan shipmate. And why not? Vulcans are hotties! Some great charictor development was shown also.
    Just between you and me....I think the doc's a bit nosey. LOL
    I know the Emotions are in there somewhere Spock, I just don't want to be around when they finnally kick in.

Phlox is nosey, but in a good-natured way, and only because he's fascinated with these humans on their new adventure. Some of Archer's best interaction (and Bakula's scenes) have been with Phlox -- here and in "Dear Doctor" last season. Of course they're setting up Phlox as a prototype for a ship's counselor -- a combo of McCoy's and Troi's roles.

Personally, I thought the ep was a lot of fun. I like it when they get goofy, although Braga's sexual humour has always been rather unsophisticated. That doesn't change here, but it works okay.

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."