Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trek and Mecha

And now for names:

StarFleet: Mk. I De-Sensitizer, the Sisko Command Mech (bad-ass name for bad-ass weapons, nick-named 'chrome dome' for it's smooth cockpit), the Alpha Walker (designed, of course, by the Ground Forces' equivalent of Tom Paris).

Klingons: the Martok Marauder, the J-11 Bear, the Son of Mogh.

Romulans? Ferengi? Vulcans?
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

A Vulcan mech? I bet it would try to nerve pinch the other mecha.

I'm sure that Treknology could build mecha, but with the same technology they could build tanks that would be far more effective than mecha. If you think a giant Starfleet battle robot would be fun in your campaigns, go ahead, but I reserve the right to roll my eyes. Those things are just too much for my own willing suspension of disbelief. [/anti mecha rant]

Carry on, all.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Talking

My Battletech playing freinds were less than amused when I got my hands on the vehicles design rules for building stuff other than mechs. Clan Omni-Mechs don't do too well against Inner Sphere hovertanks. Speed is life...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Talking

Robb straps down in his 20-meter tall Son-of-Mogh-class destroyer Mech, activates Targ-hunting mode and blasts a battalion of Liz'Hadar to smithereens.

It's true. Haven't played BT in a while, but due to the cost/ firepower ratio you could build a vehicle-pure force that would wipe the floor with any equivelent-cost BM force.

I understand that they began altering the rules to give BMs and edge, but that was after I stopped playing.

Originally posted by Cybrludite
    My Battletech playing freinds were less than amused when I got my hands on the vehicles design rules for building stuff other than mechs. Clan Omni-Mechs don't do too well against Inner Sphere hovertanks. Speed is life...
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

poster

Originally posted by StyroFoam Man
    Each LizHadar fragment regenerates into a fully functional LizHadar V2.0... With shielding and BFG-9001 pulse cannons.

Now you've done it!

Robb tempts Fate and quotes the worst Mecha-featuring television series ever:

"We need Mega-Zord power!!"

Originally posted by Robbert Raets
    "We need Mega-Zord power!!"
    No use. The more firepower the more fragments you will get that regenerate into even more LizHadar.

What you really need would be a giant spaceship that transforms into a vacuum cleaner - get's rid of most problems pretty fast.

Piggy-back... sorry, but I've got Styro blocked:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by StyroFoam Man
    Each LizHadar fragment regenerates into a fully functional LizHadar V2.0... With shielding and BFG-9001 pulse cannons.

Now you've done it!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which begs the question of why they didn't build them that way in the first place... more efficient.
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

poster

poster