Thread: Any info on the Fell Strikes rulings?

Any info on the Fell Strikes rulings?

I've read a couple of mentions of Fell Strikes rules having been playtested (and shown at Origins as well).

Could anyone give any information out on these rules please? Obviously I'd like as much information as I can get but if these are covered by various NDAs and the like then I simply would like an answer to the following question: -

Will the Fell Strikes rules help to simulate devastating attacks along the lines of Bard killing Smaug, Legolas dropping a Hell Hawk, etc?

Thanks in advance

Re: Any info on the Fell Strikes rulings?

Originally posted by BlueJay
    Will the Fell Strikes rules help to simulate devastating attacks along the lines of Bard killing Smaug, Legolas dropping a Hell Hawk, etc?
    The Fell Strike optional rules will appear in Fields of Battle: The Guide to Warriors and Barbarians. Cross your fingers and pray on the good Professor's name that we'll see this book on shelves within a couple months.

Without going into NDA-covered details, the short answer to your question is Yes.

The more simple answer would be that the existing rules could allow for it too. Check out the optional rules for Extra Successes in Combat on page 231 of the core rulebook. A clever Narrator and player could create Bard-like effects with the existing rules.