View Poll Results: What CODA product would you most like to see?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Alien Anthology"

10 27.03%
  • Starship Sourcebook

17 45.95%
  • Adventure Modules

7 18.92%
  • Other

3 8.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you like to see next?

Originally posted by Jesse Heinig
    Well then, let me informally ask which of these people would want to see:

* Sourcebooks regarding other empires? (Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Cardassians?)

* Source material about the technology behind Star Trek ("Treknology"? How a warp drive works? Why the Federation doesn't use genetic resequencing? Androids, holograms, cyborgs as characters?)

* Source material about different campaign styles? (How to run an exploration game, vs. a diplomatic game, vs. an archeology game, vs. a wartime game?)

* Source material about psionics and its ramifications in Star Trek? (More detailed powers? Psionic adepts and orders?)

* Source material about specific series? (TNG book? DS9 book?)

* Source material extrapolating from underused parts of the shows? (Adventures with the Tholians? Iconians? Gorn?)

Other ideas?

J.H.

All good choices but i'd have to go with the Treknology book, it would be a big help, Especialy when the players don't know as much about Trek as the Narrator

Karg

Originally posted by Jesse Heinig
    Well then, let me informally ask which of these people would want to see:

* Sourcebooks regarding other empires? (Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Cardassians?)

Other ideas?

I'd vote for something like this, only make it a bit more broad.

I'd love the see some kind of "galaxy" book (or books). Now, I've watched and enjoyed Trek for over 20 years now, and I still can't tell you the relative geographical positions of the various major powers in the quadrant.

So I'd love to see a book that takes maybe the top 5 or 6 "alpha quadrant" powers and gives them each 10 or 15 pages of information that includes: a "who's who", galactic geography, political / social organization, the primary sectors of space for each, major worlds and star systems, etc etc etc.

And yes, I do realize that I'm probably asking for too much, but you did solicit the opinion

CB

Wink mmmmmmmmmm.........

yhooo hooo hoo yoowhooo!

campaign styles, underused (undercooked) parts, starcharts, deckplans and models.

....ymmm slurp,,,drooll..........etc

Originally posted by CorpBoy
    I'd love the see some kind of "galaxy" book (or books). Now, I've watched and enjoyed Trek for over 20 years now, and I still can't tell you the relative geographical positions of the various major powers in the quadrant.
    Get yourself a copy of Star Charts. It's a fine atlas of Star Trek maps.

Back to the topic at hand, I wouldn't buy a Klingon SB or Romulan SB or whatnot. I would buy a thick hardcover covering the Klingons, the Romulans, etc. etc. Slap all those aliens together in one monster book and I'd be happy.

Talking

A few ideas would be to deal with little scene organizations in ST, not species.

A sourcebook containing information on Section 31, Starfleet Intelligence, Obsidian Order, Tal Shiar, etc. would be very high on my list. Covert Ops and espoinage is a little used, yet exciting part of roleplaying IMO.

Something to expand upon the current professions would GREATLY increase the variety of the game. Adding more abilities beyond the two in tiers 1 and 2 and the single in tier 3 and further detailing role playing and adventure ideas for each profession, along with advice on handling rank (i.e. all characters start as Ensigns with NPC CO's issuing orders, all players Captains with own ship, players form a crew, etc.) and even some idaes involving time travel. Possibly make this a companion book to the player's guide.

Campaign packs with pre-made adventures and small sourcebooks would also be welcome. For example, the Dominion War campaign setting, The Borg, Klingon Civil War, would all be excellent as well. Give players a chance to completely relive the most important events in ST history.

A book of villians detailing information on the Q, Founders, The Borg, and other antagonists appearing throughout the Star Trek universe of great importance and uniqueness.

The narrator's screen would be my choice.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Really I'd like to have a big juicy book with loads of ST material and rules. Something, anything at all.

It's been almost six months since Decipher have relased anything and I want to read their books.

Beyond their posted schedule, I'd like to see the a technology/artificial lifeforms book like Jesse described and anything that has plenty of episode seeds.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.