Thread: Pilots

Question Pilots

Hello,

with what SKILL do you fly small vehicles like airplanes, shuttles or the 'Valkyries' from ST INVASION (PS1)?

And, has anyone infos & images (stats) of the Valkyries?

Cristo Fe

System Operations (Flight Control) will suffice for shuttlecraft, starships and the like. I might add a Pilot skill for old-fashioned aircraft flown using 20th Century-style control systems. Or perhaps just use Knowledge: Trivia (Aircraft Piloting)...

“In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Got used to a Huey!

pp69 of the PG lists Atmospheric Craft (like Hueys) as covered by the System Ops (Flight Control) skills and specialty at a +2 bonus.

By my read, that means if you have System Ops at 4, you fly Hueys (or Cessna's or 747's) at 8!

Re: Got used to a Huey!

Originally posted by selek
    pp69 of the PG lists Atmospheric Craft (like Hueys) as covered by the System Ops (Flight Control) skills and specialty at a +2 bonus.

By my read, that means if you have System Ops at 4, you fly Hueys (or Cessna's or 747's) at 8!
    Actually, the text on page 69 you refer to is a Professional Ability for the Flight Control Officer Elite Profession. Anyone else flying these craft would not get the +2 bonus.

Also, it should be noted that to get the +8 you mentioned, you would have to have the Flight Control Specialty.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.