Thread: Recruiting Announcment for the Starship Beowulf

Recruiting Announcment for the Starship Beowulf

At this time Starfleets newest vessel, the Champion Class U.S.S. Beowulf stands in orbit over Earth waiting its first mission.

At this time, it is tasked with serving as the first official Starfleet Expedition into the still unexplored regions of the Delta and Gamma quadrant using the newley acquired Quantom Slipstream Drive.

However, the Beowulfs mission and the starfleet acquisition of the Slipstream thretans to destabilize the fragile peace that has fallen over the Alpha Quadrant.

To combat this, the Federation Council has extended ivitations to the major powers in the alpha quadrant. These invitations call for the governments to send representatives of their own to serve on the beowulf as full officers.

What secrets lie in the still unexplored regions of the Milkyway Galaxy? What secrets do the Beowulf herself hold? Who else has an interest in the expressed sucess or failure of this ship and her mission?

If you are interested in joining the Crew of the Beowulf please contact me for more information. This game is slated to start early 2003, but I am taking crew reservations now to allow sufficient time for character creation online using the CODA system by Decipher.

A few notes-

Postions are filled on a first come first serve basis. Currently taken are the positions of Commanding Officer and Tactical officer.

The Beowulf will have fighters so if you want to play a pilot your more than welcome to.

If you want to play a species that is not in deciphers books as of yet, that is fine. I'll work with you to generate realistic stats. Also, CODA is not a perfect system. I will be making some leeway in the character creation to deal with some of the systems failings.

Thank you for your consideration

Captain Cody Amado

E-mail/MSN: Shadow359@hotmail.com
    AIM: Shadow8472

Question

You failed to mention what type of game this is. (PBEM, PBMB, IRC, tabletop, other?)

Whupps!

Whupps!

This will be played through a message board. I thought about chat, but finding convenient schedules would be hell and E-mail moves a bit too slowly IMHO.

So, we're going message boards with an accompanying website.

Re: Whupps!

Originally posted by Captain Amado
    Whupps!

This will be played through a message board. I thought about chat, but finding convenient schedules would be hell and E-mail moves a bit too slowly IMHO.

So, we're going message boards with an accompanying website.
    Email games can move just as fast as "board" games. They just have the advantage of having all the messages there on screen to read instead of clicking through so many email messages (that can be accidently deleted).
    ~~~randy~~>