Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LotR Extended Edition DVD is teh ROXXOR5!!

Fantastic stuff. Here's a 'didja notice?' moment -- in the clip on the Wellington premiere, did anyone catch who the MC was?
    It was they actor who played Capt. Typho from Attack of the Clones. Big year for those wacky kiwis.

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Watched the special features over the weekend....just fantastic. Six plus hours of film-making goodness, and LOTR goodness. You just can't go wrong with this set, folks.

We watched the first movie disk with the cast commentary on as well. It's a hoot. Sean Astin, Elijah Woods, Billy Boyd, and Dom Monaghan are fun to listen to.

Thumbs up

Got it on Friday and watched it over the weekend, and it get the big thumbs-up here too. Quite apart from the documentaries on the Appendix disks, which are amazing in themselves, the expanded film is a real improvement on the original. Every major theme is expanded; Boromir's corruption (and the inherent nobility of his character), Aragorn's reluctance to embrace his destiny, Frodo and Sam's relationship, Gimli and Legolas' relationship, the tracking of the Fellowship by the Uruk-Hai, even Gollum! Anyone who even faintly enjoyed the first one should watch this.

Oh, and in the extended edition, Celebron doesn't look like a prat anymore!

“Maintain the mystery, and don't try to think unthinkabilities...”
    Iain M Banks, 2003, on the Art of writing good SF.

Easter Eggs

theonering.net and dvdreview.com both mention two easter eggs on the extended DVD. One is the 4 minute TTT preview that was shown in theaters earlier this year at the end of FOTR, and the other is a MTV special bit on the Council of Elrond. It's raunchy, but funny.

Check 'em out.

Charter members?

Incidentally, any other charter LOTR fan club members here? The charter member fan club credits at the end of the 2nd disk are pretty cool to see. Over 10,000 members.

Anyone besides me and my wife in there?

Where are the easter eggs?

Why did the LotR fan club gat in the credits?
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Greg Smith
    Why did the LotR fan club gat in the credits?
    When the LOTR fan club first got underway, there was a special, limited time offer in place for people who wanted to be charter members. One of the perks would be to get your name on the closing credits on the DVDs for the films. There were 1, 2, and 3 year charter member offers. The deal ended in January, I think.

I got in just under deadline and got my name on the closing credits along with approx. 10,000 other charter members. It's a cool way for Peter Jackson to thank all the fans for their support.

Thanks Dan & Ineti.

Now I've just got to get my DVDs back so I can chec out those easter eggs. Damn thing was faulty on disc 4.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.