Thread: Armada

Question Armada

Ok, wierd question...

Has any one ever made or had any ideas of ship options based off Armada or Armada II?... I thought it would be cool to see what everyone has thought of, if they have...

In the fell clutch of circumstance,
    I have not winced nor cried aloud;
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed...
    - W. E. Henley, "Echoes"

"Corbomite Shielding"? "Gemini Device"? Akiras with torpedoes that shoot out, and hit stuff, and bounce off, and hit stuff harder, and bounce off, and hit stuff harder still?

Riiiiiiiight.

Armada is an excellent game. I'm hauling my computer over to a friend's house this afternoon, three of us are having a mini-LAN paty and Armada is the main game we play. But it's WarCraft / StarCraft with pretty Star Trek pictures pasted on top, I don't think it's really very Star Trek-ish at all.

That being said, I have two hours to get very, very good at blasting Romulans out of the sky.
    "Ah, those are the days - I figured I'd get some caffeine in me and restart my brain, instead it blue screened. Man, that's the last time I buy my brain from Microsoft."
    --Largo, weekly rant 01Feb2001, Megatokyo

Angry Well yes...

I was thinking more realistic... What about a point defence laser?... Klingon boarding pods wouldn't be that overpowering... Even then, Gravity mines, Poleron Torpedoes, Ion Cannons, Myotronic Inhibitor, Sensor Jammer, and Sensor Srambler are not that unrealistic; if even on a limited basis... I'm saying that the Romulans should have dozens of Phoenix ships, or anything like that...

In the fell clutch of circumstance,
    I have not winced nor cried aloud;
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed...
    - W. E. Henley, "Echoes"

I made one ship!!!

The venture class!!!!

Actually, just making the new Cardassian and Romulan ships from the games shouldn't be too unbalancing without their special weapons. Of course, thanks to the Mighty Steve Long (no relation to Mighty Joe Young...), we already have Cardie and Rom ships coming out of our ears in the SRMs...
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven