Thread: Excelsior/Enterprise-B

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!

Excelsior/Enterprise-B

Well, I've seen a few CODA versions of these ships on the boards here, and I've scoured the internet for images and schematics and have found some good stuff, but...

I was wondering if anyone knows if deckplans/blueprints exist for either of these ships?

I know one or more people who frequent these boards have made deckplans themselves, so is anyone planning on making some Excelsior or Enterprise-B deckplans?

It's my favorite ship, and I'm working on a game that will take place on one...

Thanks for any info or insights!
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Cool

There are a couple of sources for Excelsior/Enterprise B blueprints. The best ones are the Jackill Technical Readout Data Sheets which include all views and a cutaway corrected for correct deck height. I differ with him on whether those big modules sticking out of the back of the saucer are hangar decks or impulse packs (impulse actually), but they are still quite good.

The other set of blueprints is for a 'space control' ship labeled as USS Excelsior Ingram Class Plans executed by Star Station Aurora (PO Box 4990, Holyoke, Mass, 01041- but its an old address). These prints differ considerably from the screen Excelsior with extensive modification to the secondary hull. They are presented much like the Star Trek: The Motion Picture blueprints- in a vinyl pouch and lots of detail.

You should be able to find these products on the convention circuit (that's how I got mine), but maybe someone here can direct you to another source.

BTW, the Jackill series is very good and covers the majority of Star Trek ships from all eras, From Daedelus to Intrepid.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!
    Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    There are a couple of sources for Excelsior/Enterprise B blueprints. The best ones are the Jackill Technical Readout Data Sheets which include all views and a cutaway corrected for correct deck height [...]
    The other set of blueprints is for a 'space control' ship labeled as USS Excelsior Ingram Class Plans executed by Star Station Aurora (PO Box 4990, Holyoke, Mass, 01041- but its an old address). These prints differ considerably from the screen Excelsior with extensive modification to the secondary hull. They are presented much like the Star Trek: The Motion Picture blueprints- in a vinyl pouch and lots of detail.
    yeah, IO have one of the Jackill's - they did one for the Excelsior and for the E-B, didn't they? For the lif eo fme I can't remember which one I have...I've seen those and the Ingram thing on ebay. Not sure I want the Ingram thing if it's very different from the screen Excelsior, but maybe if it's cheap

Thanks for the insights!
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Cool

The Ingram Class Excelsior has a greatly expanded aft dorsal hangar bay rather than that small half cone you see on the screen ship. Looks sort of like a dirigible hangar. They also added a pair of Miranda-type megaphasers at the corners of nacelle pylons. Otherwise, its pretty much the ship you see on the screen.

Jackill's guides include both Excelsior types, but I strongly disagree with the designation of those big impulse packs as hangar bays. My impression was that the extra impulse engines was to give the Enterprise-B more sublight maneuverability including vectored thrust. Since we see both types of Excelsior 80 years later, I guess we can assume that both types were successful.

(Of course, we really know that Enterprise-B looks different because Paramount thought you were too stupid to tell the difference between that ship and the Excelsior!)
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott