Thread: The Klingon-Federation War

Question The Klingon-Federation War

It has been a while since I watched those DS9 episodes so could anyone refresh my memory? I need to know the basic info about the Federation-Klingon war that took place just prior to the Dominion War. Does anyone have any info on the war's lenght (I think just one year), major battles and where most of the action took place (along the Federation frontier or closer to the core planets). If I remember correctly, one DS9 episode took place on a Federation planet that was under attack. The battle seemed like an all out ground battle. Did other similar battles like this take place during the war?

Thanks for any help

Well if you live in Dallas they're to that point now in the re-runs
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

Man, are you lucky! I can't find any DS9 on my local stations right now. It was not too long ago that I did find it on accident just in time for them to cancel it or move it to another time slot.

Well, the DVDs are coming out soon; no better reason than to get into a DVD than Trek.

The klingons went to war with the Federation begining at Season 4 with "Way of the Warrior" (The 1st appearance of Worf on DS9) due to thier protection of the Cardasian Rulling Council. The klingon's beleved that they had been replaced by changlings.

When Gowron dissolved the Khitomer Accords he also demanded the return of the Acturus (Is this correct?) Sector which had been ceded to the Federation.

The war was ended Partialy due to Sisko & crew exposing Gen. Martok as a changling at the begining of Season 5 and ended when the real Martok was found By Worf and Cardasia joined the Dominion in Mid-Season "In Purgatory's Shadow". Martok was stationed by Gowron on DS9 to command a contingent of Klingon Warriors operating out of the station for it's defence and to be on the front line of any Dominion conflict.

The war begins at the start of 2372 and lasts until mid 2373.

Following the 'Way of the Warrior', the war is mentioned in the following episodes:

'Hippocratic Oath' Klingons make attacks on Romulan outposts.

'For the Cause' Klingons continue attcks on Cardassian outposts. The maquis uses the oportunity to increase operations.

'Return to Grace' Klingons destroy an outpost on Korma, killing Bajoran and Cardassian delegates at a conference. Dukat captures a bird of prey and begins a campaign against the Klingons.

'Sons of Mogh' The Klingons attempt to mine the Bajoran system.

'Rules of Engagement' Cardassians request Starfleet protection for a releif convoy to Pentath. During Klingon attacks Worf destroys a Klingon transport. It is, of course, a Klingon plot to end Federation protection of the convoys.

'Broken Link' The Federation Council calls on the Klingons to relinquish Cardassian territory. Gowron re-estblishes Klingon claims to the Archanis sector.

'Apocalypse Rising' The USS Drake and USS Armstrong are ambushed by a Klingon battlegroup. Sisko and crew unmask the Martok changeling. Gowron grees to a cease-fire.

'Nor the Battle to the Strong' The Klingos attack Ajilon Prime in the Archais sector. The USS Farragut is destroyed en-route to Ajilon. The USS Rutledge and USS Tecumseh lead the Federation counterattack in the Archanis sector.

'In Purgatory's Shadow' and 'By Inferno's Light' Martok is rescued. The Cardassian Union joins the Dominion. In light of the new threat, Gowron re-established the Khitomer accords.

In the midst of this this there is the attempted coup by Admiral Leyton as well.

Hope that helps!
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Thanks! I am currently running in this time period and I wil lookup these eps to refresh my memory.
    Evil is Good. Good is Evil.
    Beware of Dark Teddy, Dark Lord of the Fuzz.