Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News from Decipher?

News from Decipher?

I just visited the official site, and it appears they haven't updated it in some time. The links for the narrator's screen and narrator's guide are broken. Most products say Late 2002, with a handful of Winter 2003 releases noted.

Has anyone heard anything? It seems like a long time since there has been any news.

No new news. Been a bunch of postings on this & some of the Decipher guys were getting defensive about people ragging on the company for the delays.

I figure I'll see the stuff when I see it, but yeah...it's been a bit too long since the products 'went to the printers'. If they're thinking about a coterminous release with the new movie, it's a pretty stupid marketing trick; they've got their market waiting...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

In the Dilbertverse, the PHB requires hourly status reports.

This, of course, means the employees spend their time writing status reports rather than working on the product.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer to believe that there are no updates because the Dec-crew is working diligently and feverishly to get three or four products out simultaneously in time for the holidays, and don't have time to spare to dash off a 10-line post to the boards.

I also prefer to believe that I was really meant to be Emperor, and there's been some massive screwup in Life Central Planning.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

I"ve been raising some heck on the Decipher boards and near as I can tell, the net reps are just as frustrated as we are. All they have is "Soon" which is beauracratic BS.

Whatever the problem, Decipher has SERIOUSLY dropped the ball on this one. If/When I hear of something substantial I will be sure to let y'all know.

"In the Dilbertverse, the PHB requires hourly status reports.

This, of course, means the employees spend their time writing status reports rather than working on the product."

So what's this I hear about you having troubles with your TPS reports? Didn't you get that memo?
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

How's it going (fill in workers name here)? Outstanding. Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you to wait a bit longer on that narrator's screen you have been waiting for... yeah./..okay great... super... later... yeah...

poster

I'm backsliding towards FASA, Ghod help me!

At least I know all of their products are out...
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

poster

Originally posted by Captain Amado
    I"ve been raising some heck on the Decipher boards and near as I can tell, the net reps are just as frustrated as we are....
    Didn't realize I was frustrated.

It has always been my opinion that Dec. bit off way more then it could chew when they took on Trek and LOTRs at the same time. They should have concentrated on one line, got it off the ground and running, then started on the other. Current net result is they are now behind in both games.

I was thinking of saying this a while back, but I'm trying to rid myself of my "trouble maker" persona. Wouldn't want to be accused of posting flammage after all.

Originally posted by Phantom
    Didn't realize I was frustrated.
    I was thinking of saying this a while back, but I'm trying to rid myself of my "trouble maker" persona. Wouldn't want to be accused of posting flammage after all.
    TROUBLEMAKER! TROUBLEMAKER!

I ACCUSE!

You know AslanC, this sounded just like a Dalek...

I think what angers people like us most about Decipher is the "stealth marketing" again. It happened at the beginning, when nobody knew exactly when the first book was to be released, and now it happens again.
    Well Jesse explicitely said in another thread that Decipher was still working on the RPG and that new books were expected "soon". So, unless some big hat in Decipher decided otherwise but forgot to tell everybody about it, I guess we just have to be very, very, very patient... again (and finally I'm glad that my "last-ICON-game-before-going-CODA" is taking ages to finish and is currently on hiatus )
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I just hope, hope, hope very hard that we don't see again Paramount give the licence to somedoby else in two years.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Funny that, I was just telling myself "wow, it's been nearly a month since the last thread on this topic ... maybe I should start a new one" yesterday ... and for some reason I decided against it.
    Looks like eager minds think alike .

Anyhow ... so, another month of problems at the printers for the NS I gather?
    Maybe we should coin an acronym for that ... PaPrt?
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)