Thread: The Two Towers special on WB

The Two Towers special on WB

Tonight at 8:00 EST on the WB will be an hour-long special on TTT. Check it out.

Damn! And I decided to cut my cable off last week, too. Drats, I shoulda waited a week.

*sigh*

Steve

Did anyone else catch it? I was duly unimpressed by the special. A lot of disjointed and unconnected bits, followed by a weak 2-minute bit of TTT.

The best parts of the special were the bits with Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan. They're damn funny guys.

Anyhow, 13 days to go!

13 days to go ...

... and counting!

I played it safe this year, and got my tickets 6 weeks in advance. Unfortunately, TTT is not playing in an IMAX theatre in Toronto on opening day like TFotR did last year.

Steve

I agree on thge quality of the special itself... but the parts of the movie that they showed were just awesome!

Monaghan and Boyd are maniacs: "Did you say bosum?"
    I hope they do other pictures together... or better yet standup.

It was very interesting to find out that this was the first major gig for Legolas since graduating acting school just weeks before he was selected. Talk about having things fall in your lap. Cool haircut, too.

I swear I'm taking the day off to see this movie... can't catch the 1201 showing because my wife works nights, but we'll be at the first one after she wakes up, and I'll be chewing my nails while she sleeps.

Originally posted by Ineti
    Did anyone else catch it? I was duly unimpressed by the special. A lot of disjointed and unconnected bits, followed by a weak 2-minute bit of TTT.

The best parts of the special were the bits with Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan. They're damn funny guys.

Anyhow, 13 days to go!
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Originally posted by Ineti
    Saw it. Thought it wasn't too bad for an hour-long add for the movie on networt TV. It was certainly much better than the Fellowship of the Ring special that was shown last year. Had a lot more of the making-of/behind-the-scenes feel to it.

Compared to the extras in the Extended Edition DVD set, of course, it suxored.

In other words, it was better than I expected, but was pretty light fare nonetheless.

-Chris Landmark
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Maybe I'm just going into LotR withdrawal because I haven't seen it since it left theaters last year, but I loved the special!
    Helm's Deep looks awesome, and Edoras looks like something beyond awesome.

I loved to see them filming the battle scenes, too. It looked like a big SCA melee with everyone in really good costumes and set in a great location; I'd pay them to be an extra in any army that needed another sword-and-shieldman.

As for the voice of Gollum... it's like they tapped directly into my brain to hear what I thought Gollum sounded like, and reproduced the voice perfectly. Gave me cold shivers every time he spoke.

After seeing FotR, I was convinced that everyone involved poured heart and soul into realizing Tolkien's story onscreen. This special proved to me that they really dedicated years of their lives to making that dream as real as humanly possible.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Originally posted by Sarge
    [B]As for the voice of Gollum... it's like they tapped directly into my brain to hear what I thought Gollum sounded like, and reproduced the voice perfectly. Gave me cold shivers every time he spoke.
    Yeah, my wife and I were joking that Andy Serkis must have had a personal trailer full of throat lozenges. I can't imagine talking like that for an extended period of time without some vocal cord strain.

Originally posted by Sarge
    [B]I loved to see them filming the battle scenes, too.
    And how about Peter Jackson's statement that in Return of the King, there'd be battles involving upwards of 200,000 combatants! I guess they must have given their MASSIVE program some studly memory cards.