Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What system are you playing?

Thanks for all the replies. Hope your games are going well. Mine is going SLOW (PBEM).

=====================
    Nocac, the Somewhat Barbaric
    ~The Somewhat Barbaric

Originally posted by nocac
    Thanks for all the replies. Hope your games are going well. Mine is going SLOW (PBEM).

=====================
    Nocac, the Somewhat Barbaric
    Which game are you involved in?

A buudy and I play a quick and dirty homebrew system (percentile, each character has five or six skills or background knowledge). He wanted to play John Harriman (and crew) to see how he would bounce back after losing Kirk to the Nexus. I narrate.

I'd love to be a player in another PBEM campaign if anyone has an opening.
    ~The Somewhat Barbaric

What do you play?

Check out my PBEM at; http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

and email me if your interested. We always have room for interesting players/characters and currently have a few vacancies such as among the Romulan crew (we have names and jobs but never met or developed them), or in science or Operations...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Phantom
    What was the weapon you ask?...A loaf of French Bread!
    Sounds about right for James Bond. As long as a pithy one liner similar to C5's 'stale' comment followed that example seems to show that the game captures the essence of Bond fights...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Coda Trek and LOTR, and d20 Star Wars (though SW's been on hiatus for a while...)

Switched over to CODA from LUG and we've continued on a relaxed pace our campaign which is now left with only one narrator (myself).
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

gurps.. mostly

Coda LOTR..

D&D 3ed

Star Wars d20

Sidewinder d20

the rest of my games are on hiatus right now..
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Originally posted by nocac
    He wanted to play John Harriman (and crew) to see how he would bounce back after losing Kirk to the Nexus.
    I always thought that would be a super-cool series. Great era, beautiful ship, I like Alan Ruck, and it would be neat to see Harriman go from desk jockey (the only way I can explain him making captain) to one of Starfleet's best skippers. I mean, watching the greatest hero of your time give his life to save your sorry butt when you couldn't cut it has got to change a fellow.

On topic: We play D&D3, got a Traveller game in the works, and we play Exalted whenever we can.
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."

Trek: formerly LUG, in the process of switching to CODA (referee)
    Star Wars: d20 (referee)
    D&D: 3rd Ed (player)

Haven't tried LOTR yet...posting a question on another thread about it, though...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I started running Trek with FASA 1st ed. as soon as it came out, and followed through with 2nd ed. After FASA lost its Trek license, I switched to a homebrew system loosely based on Twilight 2000. When I began my Star Trek: Relic campaign, I picked up the LUG ICON rules, which I'm still using. I'm not using CODA for two reasons - 1. I stoped playing D&D over 20 years ago because I didn't like "class'n'level" systems, and I think they work even more poorly for SF games; and 2. I'm self-employed and can't afford CDN$100.00 for a new rules system.

'Course, no system is perfect - I had a pile of house rules when I ran the FASA system. I have a whole bunch for ICON, too.

Originally posted by Phantom
    You don't see [Pendragon] mentioned very much these days. Salvete!
    Green Knight Publishing isn't in the most sound financial condition, after the tech stock crash left owner Peter Corless without a job and with seriously devalued shares of Cisco Systems. Work continues on the Grail Quest book, and both the "Book of Faerie" and the "Book of Ladies" await layout... that's all I could coax out of Peter at GenCon.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Cool Start me up...

After a year of running one shots and pick-up games for my regular gaming group, I'm preparing to start an ongoing Star Trek rpg campaign in Jan. While I toyed with the idea of pulling out my ol'FASA materials, I've decided to go with ICON.

CODA never even crossed my mind. If anyone needs a NG or PG, I to am getting rid of at least one set. PM me is your interested.

AndorMan
    It's beginning to look alot like Andor...Everywhere I go

Saturday nights alternate between two games. A heavily hack 'n slash, fightfightfight killkillkill Forgotten Realms campaign set in Cormyr that the players are trying to bring more roleplaying into. So far, we're doing very well, much to the GMs chagrin.
    And, the second is a steampunk-ish setting using the BESM rules set.

I have a CodaTrek game running every other Sunday night where I play the ship's Andorian security officer. I really wish my Saturday RPG group weren't such gimps about Star Trek. Alas...

Marc/TheDuck
    Salinger/TheDuck

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,
    and quacks like a duck...it's gotta be Salinger." -Quack!

"You're living in America/Leave your conscience at the tone."
    - Jonathan Larson, Rent

Perrryyy Guest
    If anyone needs a NG or PG, I to am getting rid of at least one set. PM me is your interested.
    Likewise, I've got an unused set too if anyone wants one.