Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What system are you playing?

Originally posted by Salinger
    A heavily hack 'n slash, fightfightfight killkillkill Forgotten Realms campaign set in Cormyr that the players are trying to bring more roleplaying into. So far, we're doing very well, much to the GMs chagrin.
    You don't say good luck with the roleplaying. So what are the parties goals, the DnD3 game I play in were working on the Stone Lands section of Cormyr. On the alternating Fridays I run LUG based Trek - A deep space exploration mission, currently caught on the far side of the Carddie/Dominion alliance (the few months between the wars right now).

Currently shelved games, 2 different Hero system games (one super hero, other fantacy)
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

CODA trek and 3rd Edition D&D

The CODA game I am thinking about bringing it online, the D&D one is set online in three weeks!

Originally posted by Phoenix
    You don't say good luck with the roleplaying. So what are the parties goals, the DnD3 game I play in were working on the Stone Lands section of Cormyr.
    So far, I think we're doing very well with the roleplaying actually. We just finished a variation on the Slavelords modules, adapted and altered for Forgotten Realms. We're now heading down towards Suzail to look into a personal matter of one of the characters.

I had a heavy combat character in the game initially, a ranger who could put lots of arrows into the air and usually hit whatever he fired at. I just swapped him out for a rogue/sorcerer who can barely hit anything in combat and whose primary skills are diplomacy, bluff, and carousing (through either diplomacy or bluff).

The Coda game I'm in is going really well. It's our first mission, and we were running a shakedown cruise when we responded to a distress call from a ship that had passed through an ion storm. There was a host of diplomatic personages on board, heading to a nearby starbase for a post-Dominion War summit.

Of course, we had to entertain the entourage of The Most Annoying Federation Member Species. It was amazing how many of the crew and other diplomats they were able to offend in so short a time...

Of course, they were killed as soon as we reached the starbase, and after an investigation, we have reason to suspect that it's an old virus created by the Betazoids nearly a century ago...and it's loose.

Unfortunately, that's as far as we've gotten so far, but we play again this Sunday...

Marc/TheDuck
    Salinger/TheDuck

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,
    and quacks like a duck...it's gotta be Salinger." -Quack!

"You're living in America/Leave your conscience at the tone."
    - Jonathan Larson, Rent

And the Mighty list begins

CODA trek
    Gurps Prime Directive
    Gurps Battlestar Galactica
    Gurps Space
    Star Fleet Battles
    D6 Star Wars
    WEG DC Universe
    AD&D 2nd and 3rd
    Palladium
    Aberant and Trinity
    Villiaqns and Vigilanties

LUG TREK

We started with ICON about two years ago and have decided to follow the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' style of gaming.

Though we own the CODA system it would just be a pain to switch , we have everything we need so far to run the game.

We also Play :

Vampire

In Nomine

MArvel Super Heroes (TSR)

So that being said :

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!

Capt. Pike:
    "I'm tired of being responsible for 203 lives. I'm tired of deciding who goes on the landing party and who doesn't... and who lives... and who dies. "

Originally posted by Karg
    Gurps Battlestar Galactica
    I would love to know more about this

I am currently running two games...

BtVS Slayer (Eden Studios)
    D&D 3rd (WotC)

On hiatus right now are...

MSHAG (WotC/TSR)

We used to play Trek, but my group has just lost interest in Trek. We played Star Wars for a bit, but again we lost interest. My Second gorup (Da Boyz) loved to play Marvel but after almost 15 years of playing super-hero games, doing the lionshare of reffing for the past 13, I needed a break. So we are giving D&D a little go Wish there was a better fantasy RPG that wasn't LotR or Runequest, but what are you going to do?

Oh and before anyone suggests it, not big fans of the Warhammer Fantasy system either.

Originally posted by AslanC
    Wish there was a better fantasy RPG that wasn't LotR or Runequest, but what are you going to do?
    Rolemaster.

System totally rocks!!!

Best fantasy system I have ever played.
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Chart Master!?!?!?!

No thanks man... though the crit tables were funny

1000s of spells...

Over 50 professions...

It's way worth it.
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

I used to play MERP and I learned that Quantity does not equate quality.

Sorry Kronok, I just don't think Role Master is the game for me. I can understand you like it, but then again people like Harn too, still just my cup of dice.

Old runemaster (Chaosim) wasn't too bad.

How is the new version... anyone?

Thinking of working up a Coda Battlestar Galactica game.. Trying to come up with ship stats is going to be fun though..
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Originally posted by Silverthorne
    Thinking of working up a Coda Battlestar Galactica game.. Trying to come up with ship stats is going to be fun though..
    Was it you who did the ICON BG?

Sorry, No. I was never into Icon.. But would be interested in the information.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

A basically dice-less homebrew Trek game.
    TK