Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What system are you playing?

What system are you playing?

I'd love to know what system (FASA, DEC, LUG, or HOMEBREW) that people are playing.

If it is homebrew, can you give me suggestions for my own soon-to-be homebrew game.

======================
    Nocac, the Somewhat Barbaric
    ~The Somewhat Barbaric

Perrryyy Guest

Wink

Sticking with LUG here

Staying with LUG, so far. Been thinking about changing to CODA, just haven't been given a good enough reason why at the moment.

Done with Trek for a while, but we were playing Coda-Trek until recently.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

For TREK, it's CODA. But we rotate the gamemastering hat, and we're not TREKing right at the moment.

I'm Narrating the CODA Lord of the Rings RPG right now. The game is set in the early Fourth Age. Previous to this, in the summer, I ran a short 3e D&D campaign using B1 Keep on the Borderlands.

Steve

Perrryyy Guest
    , I ran a short 3e D&D campaign using B1 Keep on the Borderlands.
    Ahh. Memories. The Caves of Chaos. A classic!

What system are you playing?

Hi All

I ran LUG Trek every second week for several years but tried CODA when it came out. I went back to LUG at the request of my players. Changing to CODA would involve purchsing a new and currently limited series of materials while not offering a sufficiently different system to warrant the change-over. While I will purchase all of the Decipher materials as they are released my players are not likely to. When there is more material available for CODA than has been produced for LUG we might revisit this choice. In the meant time we're still playing LUG and don't seem likely to change systems any time soon.

Cheers,
    Scott

CODA for Trek

Victory Games' James Bond system from the '80s for modern day.

Castle Falkenstein for pulp or Victorian stuff
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Perrryyy Guest

Thumbs up

Victory Games' James Bond system from the '80s for modern day.
    I've played that. Good system, can't remember liking the combat sytem for it though

Originally posted by Perrryyy
    I've played that. Good system, can't remember liking the combat sytem for it though
    Yeah, the combat system was rather skewed at times in JB. I remember one game in which one of the characters got into a fight in a restaurant. It started out as your usual brawl, but the bad guy refused to submit to the pummeling so the PC picked up a bottle of champaign (a magnum bottle) and proceeded to beat the crap out of the guy...still he refused to go down. At this point the bad guy managed to get a few good shots in himself, knocking the character off his feet. Realizing things weren't going as planned the character madly scrambled for any weapon he could use, he found one and with one shot he knocked the bad guy out. What was the weapon you ask?...A loaf of French Bread!

I am currently playing CODA Trek and gamemastering Pendragon.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    I am currently playing CODA Trek and gamemastering Pendragon.
    I'm currently in an on line Pendragon game, you don't see PD mentioned very much these days.
    Salvete!

Originally posted by Phantom
    ...What was the weapon you ask?...A loaf of French Bread!
    It must have been very stale...

Love the James Bond system. One of those few systems I know (granted, I don't know many) where you roll once to hit and for the damages (hey, with my habit in SW D6 to roll 34 to hit and 7 for the damage, that's a definite plus )

For now, we're playing LUG. The thing is, we are in the middle of a mission that doesn't want to end (been playing it since January 1st 2002, at the rate of one or two games per month), and I didn't want to change the system in the middle. When it's finished, we'll play a holodeck adventure (sorta), so the players will see if they like CODA and if they want to convert their characters or re create them, and then we'll switch to CODA unless there's something they unanimously dislike about it.

Maybe then at least the Narrator screen will be out...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Currently narrating a loooong Trek campaign (72 eps already!!). We used ICON and switched to CODA.

I'm playing a D20 DD campaign and will soon start playing a Star Wars (D6! Don't ever suggest me D20! ) campaign. I don't like SW really much, it's more to play with the friends...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek