Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Nemesis vessels

Star Trek Nemesis vessels

Bought the latest Star Trek Communicator and there was an article on the new vessels in Nemesis. John Eaves mentions 10-11 ships... *drool*

The only ships they talk about in that article are the Enterprise-E, Scimitar, Romulan Warbird (!), and the Scorpion. The only other one I can think of is the Argo.

Sounds lovely... I kind of like the looks of the new vessels but I am sure there are varying opinions... So what are all of yours?

And what are the other 4-5 vessels?! *drool*

Ships from "Nemesis"

Hi,

I really enjoy watching the evolution of Trek's art design over time, but I'm still rather on-the-fence about NEMESIS. On the one hand, I think the new Romulan ships are pretty sharp-looking. They've got a clear and immediately appearance of being dangerous. For that matter, they convey a bird-like sense of design that should jive with unfamiliar audiences hearing them called "Warbirds" and such.

On the other hand, I don't think the new Warbird design seems especially Romulan. In the context of Star Trek, they seem pretty Klingon-looking, don't they? In the context of sci-fi design, they're much more conventional than the TNG-style Warbird's towering beak-shaped hull and weird, empty middle. I sort of wish they'd stayed closer to that design.

Those "Scorpion" fighters seem fine enough. The sequence it was built for is nice for the sake of variety, based on the script I read. I prefer the winged design, personally, but the thing has to actually be built, too, and I'm only concerned with the Pretty Factor.

Finally, for me, is the shame that they named that little transport ship the "Argo." We have a ship in our new RPG series that's called the "Argo," but was built from the remains of a crashed Starfleet ship. I like ours better, but I'm biased.

word,
    Will

I like the new warbird... but they should have named it something else imo... Yeah it looks different from the TNG one... but there is a beak, and I think the designer wanted to have echoes of the old story that the Rommies and Klingons shared designs for a time.

Don't worry about the Argo moniker... Just pretend that Berman and Braga are handling your continuity and everything will be fine.

Will we see the Titan?

What is it in the book?

Just a magazine... It has pictures of the argo shuttle and vehicle, the romulan warbird, Enterprise-E, Scimitar and the Scorpion (plus a rejected sketch that looked like an anime ship to me). Nothing too in depth. Pretty cool though.

Speaking of ships...

Can anyone list fully the starships that are part of the "fleet" the Enterprise E is trying to rendenvous with in Nemesis? I remember some names but a few I'm a bit sketchy on.

The ones I saw were:

USS Galaxy
    USS Valiant
    USS Ajax
    USS Hood

I'm not sure about the next two or if I missed any of course:
    USS Hermes? or Hera?
    USS Intrepid?

Re: Speaking of ships...

Originally posted by Weyoun12
    Can anyone list fully the starships that are part of the "fleet" the Enterprise E is trying to rendenvous with in Nemesis? I remember some names but a few I'm a bit sketchy on.

The ones I saw were:

USS Galaxy
    USS Valiant
    USS Ajax
    USS Hood

I'm not sure about the next two or if I missed any of course:
    USS Hermes? or Hera?
    USS Intrepid?

I believe that the last was the "USS Archer".

Cheers,
    Scott

I couldn't make it out since the print (or maybe it was the projection system) in the theatre I was in was pretty bad.

Did notice the Valiant though... Wonder what class THAT Valiant was?

There was a USS Archer near the bottom of the list. Presumably, this ship is named after John Archer, captain of NX-01, although we're never told this.

As posted elsewhere, I have problems with the new Warbird.

And I've already posted elsewhere about the Argo as well.

Now about the size of that fleet. A little small don't you think? I mean shoot that is a small task force compared to what we got to see in DS9 and the DW.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

But they are after the DW, the nearest possible to reach within the hour, and have to do much rebuilding with many lost ships...

Let's not forget that how much time it took the Wolf 359 fleet to assemble, and they had roughly twice the amount of vessels. they did a good job with the... HOUR... that they had to assemble.
    I don't care if you're a scientist or the captain of a garbage scow assigned to Ruh'ra Pente- you don't wait until your shields are mostly gone to start shooting back. If your enemy has already started hurling subatomic death at you, descression has ceased to be the better part of valor!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Nah that's just your typical TNG fleet. DS9 always had bigger fleets.

Originally posted by Flamestrike
    Let's not forget that how much time it took the Wolf 359 fleet to assemble, and they had roughly twice the amount of vessels. they did a good job with the... HOUR... that they had to assemble.
    Well, that was pretty close to Earth...
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!