Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Letter to Decipher

Re: A probable solution...

Originally posted by Sawyer II
    Come on, stop complaining about Decipher's printer problem. To paraphrase Animal House: Face it, we screwed up, we trusted them. They haven't produced anything since the Core Books were released. Now it's our turn.
    Amen Sawyer II (and we are still looking for Sawyer I, so don't get any dieas about leaving town anytime soon). I couldn't agree with you more.

Regarding First of Two and his cries over allegedly broken promises, the words of comedian Mike Myers, in his role as Dr. Evil, come to mind: "Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"

A release date is not a contract, neither is it a bond of surety. It is a projection of a pending product's earliest availablity and choosing one is far from an exact science.

People should bloody well get that through their thick skulls...
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

It's not that they 'broke their promise', it's the sense of disconnect between them and the rest of the community that seems to be the problem to me.

I'm not talking about Doug, Don, and the rest of the crew. I mean the company as an entity. PR wise, the "problem at the printer's" / "L.A. needs to Decipherize their processes" responses may be doing more damage than good. Tell us something meaningful.

Obviously they've met with unforseen difficulties. No problem. Just stop patronizing us.

On the other hand, if the "problem at the printer's" really is the cause of the delays, let us believe it. Spend twenty minutes to write a little message giving us some details. They have a good net rep, he can do the job.

I'm not angry over what they haven't done (released materials in a timely manner), I'm angry because it feels like they're yankin' my chain.

"Call not First of Two a 'frickin idiot,' for he is unsubtle and quick to remove one's pulmonary organs without benefit of anasthesia." -- Volani of the Technomages

True, it's not so much the "promise" not being filled (although "sometime in the fall" is a pretty goddamned wide estimation range and it takes some effort not to be at least CLOSE) as it is the near total lack of communication with the gaming community (and apparently, with their own Net Reps).

It doesn't take backbreaking labor to update your site once you know there's going to be an extension in the delay, either. I'm sure there are folks here who could do it in less than 5 minutes.

We're not talking about anything that requires any real effort, here.

If the problem, as some have supposed, is that the delay caused the orders to be moved to a lower priority for the printer, how damned much effort is it to tell the netreps to type "We got bumped, we're at the end of a three-month queue now, barring other problems.", hm?

Low effort, high reward. This is a Good Thing.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

At least the delays allow my wallet time to recover after other graduate student puchases (i.e. a new television, text books, lots of eating out, etc.) Which reminds me... I still need to purchase the Narrator's Guide.

Better than the "reproductive organs"... ouch.

Originally posted by First of Two
    "Call not First of Two a 'frickin idiot,' for he is unsubtle and quick to remove one's pulmonary organs without benefit of anasthesia." -- Volani of the Technomages
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.