View Poll Results: Please rate Nemesis if you've seen the movie.

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll

7 9.46%

1 1.35%

1 1.35%

4 5.41%

4 5.41%

9 12.16%

12 16.22%

16 21.62%

3 4.05%

17 22.97%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate NEMESIS!

Rate NEMESIS!

I give it the full 10, as anyone who's read my review of the movie I posted will guess.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    I give it a 10, it's right up there with First Contact in my book, now to come up with stats for Remans and their Uber-warbird....
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

My comments can be found here.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

This movie tried to hard to be an action movie and not a Trek Movie. It still a good movie but it just didn't feel right to Me and what was with the FX they seemed Drab in comparison to earlier movies. The ship battle was really well done choreograpy wise (it demonstrated real 3D movement and the arcs which the ships can move and fire in space) and I enjoyed it as much or better than the fight from Wrath, but it didn't look as good.

We need an Original movie from Trek not a rehash of a TV show but new crew, new ship, new adventures. I hope the folks at Paramount will scrap this crazy idea of a new TV show and turn it into a seris of Movies instead.
    (insert obscure quote/snappy line here)
    rook111

Originally posted by rook111
    We need an Original movie from Trek not a rehash of a TV show but new crew, new ship, new adventures. I hope the folks at Paramount will scrap this crazy idea of a new TV show and turn it into a seris of Movies instead.
    Amen to that. Although I enjoy seeing movies about the TV characters, it would be a great idea to create an entirely new cast of characters just for the movies. That would work so much better than television. I like ENTERPRISE, but I'd rather see one really good two-hour movie than 24 TV episodes that are merely 'average.'
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Good points: nice warbird. Tom Hardy and Patrick Stewart were good. Nice CGI battle sequences. LIked the Romulan Senate design. While it was on I was enjoying it.

Bad points: ramming speed, but the bad guys have shields... They didn't do enough with the bad guy. Hated the Reman ship. Um...prime directive? Why were they on the first planet pretty blatantly?

Overall, I gave it a 4. Still much much better than Generations.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Gave it a 6, nothing special, but it didn't suck either.

Bad points;

-Shinzon!!! A villian as memorable as Khan!!!??? Don' thinks so. V'Ger was more convincing.
    -The Reman Warbird. Where did they have their secret base? There's always a secret base. Think the Romulans would have figured something out.
    -The car chase. WRONG, WRONG!!! Just...Wrong.
    -Worf...After DS9 he's the Federation Ambassador to Qo'nos.
    -The whole Senate assassination thing.
    -They could have done so much more with Data's death scene.

What I liked;
    -Battle scene was well done.
    -Stewart and crew did there usual good job.
    -Riker finally getting his 4th pip, and Troi.
    -At least they didn't destroy the Enterprise.
    -The Romulan Warbirds. I liked the them, on closer sight they really don't look like Klingon vessels.
    -Janeway as an Admiral.
    Last edited by Phantom; 12-16-2002 at 01:18 AM.

I've already rated it, and given my reasons why on other threads

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I gave it a 4. It seemed like a decent movie overall, but somehow it just didn't draw me in. It's like they left out the emotion chip.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Better than Khan, that says a lot.

-Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Gave it an 8

A little drawn out but good plot

Best space battle in a Trek film

My problems with the film

When picard orders all phasers to fire to find the Scimitar, What happend to firing along the Z-axis also

And a big technical one

When Scimitar is trying to pull free, How? The Enterprise wasn't revesing thrust, The Scimitar should have just pulled the Enterprise along.

Other that that, a very enjoyable film.

BAH! The one thing I really hated.

Voyager was Janeway's first command... and after a few years of being lost, she gets promoted to Admiral?

Picard has commanded starships almost as long as Janeway has been alive... I half expected him to tell her to stick her advice where the sun don't shine.

Originally posted by Phantom

-Janeway as an Admiral.
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Calguard, Picard obviously took Kirk's advice: "DON'T let them promote you!"

As for Janeway, Starfleet promoted her because she's obviously completely unsuited to command a starship.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Originally posted by calguard66
    BAH! The one thing I really hated.

Voyager was Janeway's first command... and after a few years of being lost, she gets promoted to Admiral?

Picard has commanded starships almost as long as Janeway has been alive... I half expected him to tell her to stick her advice where the sun don't shine.
    Like Kirk, Picard becoming an Admiral would be a "waste of material." He is a starship commander not a bureaucrat. Tell me, is there a time limit for a Captian to his first star?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster